Hi all, hope your all well
Basically my story is complicated so I'll start from the beginning;
I'm 30 yrs old, I had a miscarriage in March, that was when I discovered I have Endometriosis. Since then things have moved quickly. I'm due (8th October) to go in for Bilateral Laparoscopic Ovarian/Adnexal Cystectomy, they plan to slice off the top of both (chocolate) cysts that encase both ovaries and fallopian tubes providing it's not too sticky. My Pouch of Douglas is a cause for concern they think it may need to be 'rebuilt'. I also have nodules on my bowel that have popped through into the vaginal cavity. My Doctor has been the a big problem, she told me she wasn't comfortable treating me and refused to give me pain relief because 'I'm too complicated' so I've been surviving on over the counter meds that in all honesty haven't been effective for months. Cut a long story short I'm due to see a new Doctor this evening and I'm wondering if anybody can suggest an effective pain that I should request rather than just accepting more tablets that don't work? There's so many things happening in my body below are a list of things I want to focus on with the Doctor simply because they cause me constant problems, I do take Citalopram for Anxiety and Depression which needs to be increased, the Registrar was insistent I should be taking at least 120mg daily (I'm currently on 20mg and have panic attacks about 3 times a week) I'm also not sleeping and haven't had a good night's sleep since January, I'm literally running on fumes my tank is empty and it's making my mental state a cause for concern (my hubby is at his wits end with me he works long hours and needs to sleep) he's checked how many pills I take everyday for the last 3 months, he thinks I might hurt myself, but I'm careful (I think) I try not to mix too many meds and stick to one paracetamol based product along with 400mg Ibuprofen every 4 hours, I have been known to take 4 tablets (2 paracetamol with 2 400mg Ibuprofen) every 3 hours but that's on BAD days leading into, during, and after my period. So again I'm wondering if anybody has similar pain and what you used.
1) lower and mid back pain (feels like a trapped nerve/sciatica)
2) leg pain (on the right) joint pain and fluid around my knee (both knees locked and swelled yesterday)
3) arm and hand pain with numbness and stabbing pain in palm (similar to carpal tunnel) and fluid around right elbow
4) shoulder pain on the right side (it starts as a ball on the blade and causes a stiff neck, I've had frozen shoulder before and it's not the same)
5) constant abdominal pain (not my pelvis or hips it's a ball of pain between my ribs right where they meet, feels like indigestion but sharper and continuous
Sorry to take up so much time and thank you in advance for reading my story.
Thanks, Kelly <3 xx