clots during period?

Hi all, I haven't been diagnosed with endometriosis yet but I'm hoping to get a referral in my next GP appointment tomorrow but before I go I had a question.....has anyone else experienced (sorry tmi) large stringy clots in their period? I've had small clots before but I'm currently having a particularly painful one and just had a stringy red clot around 4cm long and a cm wide. Is this a symptom of endometriosis or something I need to ask about separately?

xx

6 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I get that, not in knickers only when on loo, I think it is part of endo, but prober ly other things it could be too, mention everything you can, right it all down so you don't forget anything.

Good luck xxx

• Hi - click on my usernsme and have a look at my post on endo and its many symptoms to see what you identify with x

• hi,gemp54, i used to suffer with clots when i had periods (on the depo injection now so dont have periods). good luck with the drs tommorow and let us all know what happened.

sending hugs

x

• I have those types of clots. Still waiting for diagnosis of endo but it's looking very likely.

• Hi - yes I get them most months - have always assumed endo related but not entirely sure!

• Well good (ish) news from this mornings doctors appointment...they've referred me to a gynaecologist and if needed thy said they'll refer me to the Bristol Endo Clinic. I don't know how long it will take to get an appointment but they've put it as urgent so hopefully not too long. xx

You may also like...