Advice please

Hello I have posted a few times before and always appreciated the response and reassurance. Last sunday I had a laparoscopic hysterectomy and bowel resection. It was a long surgery as endo so bad and I woke up with ureteric stents and the usual drains/ catheter etc. My recuperation was going well until day 4 when I was readmitted to hospital because of severe vomiting. I am back home feeling better. I am seeking reassurance about recovery times, how soon my bowel will feel better and general emotional state. Many thanks

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • It can take anything from 6-8 weeks or longer. Your body has been through a lot. After mine with bowel surgeon it took 8 weeks for surgical pain to ease up but I had to have full abdo belly button down. Be kind to yourself and rest up please or you will hurt more and cause more damage. Sounds like u was out of hospital quick. So sorry you had to go back in amd do hope your taking it easy. No lifting for 6-8 weeks. Sending a hug to you and hope you feel much better once recovered. xxx💛💛💛💛

• Thank you for your kind words. I dont do ill or recovery well as like to be busy so am struggling with the resting bit but am being careful.i hope you are well.

You may also like...