Mirena is evil!

This is the conclusion I came to after 5 weeks of enduring the coil. Now I know it works miracles for many and this is only intended as a cautionary warning for people with severe fatigue issues. I now know Hormonal imbalances can trigger chronic fatigue. the Mirena I do not believe is a good treatment for people with fatigue issues. Has anyone else had similar experieince?

Within 2 hours of my coil coming out I could think straight / mood lifted. Energy not back yet though as I have my first period in months. Still few days of pain / heavy bleeding (in my case) is definitely better than full time brain fog, headache, low mood

6 Replies

• Yep 12 weeks in and have absolutely no energy, shooting pains bleeding almost constant and can't see how I can last the 6 month trial period. Mood seriously low to top it all off!!

• I had mine in for 5 and a half m . Wanted to tear it out myself . I ended up witb cyct , constnt bleeding , mood swings tired all the time .thy agreed to hysterectomy never felt so good in my life had it done in noveberx

• Hi pickle 😊 can I ask your age? I have cysts, bleeding, moods & fatigue! I'm 46 feel 96 and really thinking I should just get rid of all of it. Did you have Endo? X

• Hi i am 40 . Had coil fitted due to heavy painful periods due to endo . I had the overys left in but rest removed . I never felt so ill and old in my life when i had coil in and when u have a 3 year old running round its not fun for him and me . My life has totaly changed for the better xxxx

• I'm beginning to agree with you Amylee. I'm on my 3rd coil, it was put in last year in July and ever since I have been suffering from terrible fatigue, migraines, brain fog, low moods. I think it has only just in the last month stopped my period (the first 2 didn't). I dread going back to prolonged heavy bleeding but feel like I have no option.

I pleaded for an endometrial ablation but they said I am too young (almost 39 no kids). I'm waiting for my referral but feel like going to the doctors to ask to have it removed.

Have you found a better treatment?

• Have you tried transexamic acid?

You may also like...