Travel insurance with endo: Hi, can I ask... - Endometriosis UK

Endometriosis UK

62,354 members48,537 posts

Travel insurance with endo

shukudai profile image
12 Replies

Hi, can I ask non medical thing but kind of endo related please?

I have to travel by plane in summer. I need to have a travel insurance and trying to get one online. Does anyone know which company will do with existing medical condition? I had a diagnose lap and I have dense adhesion in my pelvic area and a little bit of endo PoD but not treatment lap yet as I am on the waiting list. Some company won't let me get insurance online as I am on the waiting list.

Can someone give me advice please? Thanks.

12 Replies
Missylm profile image

Tesco do, I've had insurance through them a couple of times you just have to mention Endo when you apply for it. I don't think they charge a lot extra for it.

SurreyGirl profile image


I usually have the travel insurance that comes with my current account - I have found that they will cover you as long as you declare it.

Do remember that if you are travelling to EU you need the EHIC for emergency treatment.


Clarina profile image

M&S also do a travel insurance that allows you to declare multiple conditions on one policy quite easily. It's easy to get a quote online too.

sanchia46 profile image

I have used the AA in the past but have had problems with some insurance companies

shukudai profile image

Thanks I will try Tesco, M&S, AA! I don't think my current account has a travel insurance with it though.

classiebird profile image

I'm with natwest and get travel insurance with my current account. I've not travelled since getting diagnosed with endo but travelled to South East Asia with relatively severe asthma and was no problem. Plus it covers skiing, sky diving, etc etc

endohope profile image

I've not had any problems getting insured with endometriosis - as long as you declare your condition when you buy the insurance, you might be asked a couple of (normal) questions about if you've been diagnosed via laparoscopy and when/if you've had any surgery.

shukudai profile image

Thanks for more replay. I think I had a bit more problem as I am on the waiting list and I had to tick on that bit and some of the website said call the company.

I have an appointment in the end of February and will know more about when my next lap will be. I am wondering if I should get an insurance after that or even after the lap (well depend when the lap is).

Thanks ladies!

MaryLou11 profile image

I recently got insurance with Debenhams travel insurance and they covered my endo and anxiety due to endo!

dawntildusk profile image

hi. i found it extremely difficult getting insurance when i was awaiting surgery. the first time i couldnt get any cover as i was waiting for my first lap so not properly diagnosed. unfortunately they treated it as i could have a terminal illness. although the travel agents allowed us to buy the cover in the first place it wasnt until i read the fine print that i saw they do not cover if awaiting surgery. definately check your policy!!! the second time i went on holiday i managed to get cover through diamond insurance. it cost me around £70 extra for my conditions and i was again awaiting surgery. It would probably be worth waiting until after your treatment lap as you would need to ring them anyway.

Cupcake1617 profile image

I looked through the Martin Lewis website and booked from one on there - they have a ‘pre existing’ list which was super helpful. I got annual cover for a good price

penny24 profile image

Sainsbury’s covered my endometriosis and my broken leg

U can select for chronic conditions to be covered or not

And paid out within 5 days when I claimed xx

You may also like...