I was diagnosed with diabetes 3 months back.i am 44.hba1c was 7.2.my endocrinologist did not put me on medicine and suggested diet and exercise.now my FBS is stable at 98 to 110.but PPBS is 150 to 160.i m on low carb diet.hv 2 meals .pl advise how to lower PPBS?I am to repeat my hba1c today.
How to manage PPBS: I was diagnosed with... - Diabetes India
Diabetes is classified as a psychosomatic disorder.It means constant and high level of psychological issues like stress manifesting as a physical disorder like diabetes,irritable bowel syndrome,eczema,spondylitis etc.Once you reduce stress levels,these disorders becomes easier to manage.There are several stress busters like music,breathing exercises,yoga asanas and hobbies like painting.Indulge in some interesting activity that takes your mind off the daily routine,thereby breaking the cycle of stress.
Hi Manie, Glad that you caught D before it got worse. I had higher numbers. You are going good.I have learnt a few things since diagnosed. See if it helps you too.
1) Eat a low carb diet BUT I do add healthy fats in my meals like Paneer, fish, chicken, homemade peanut butter, nuts, almonds, eggs etc. You won't starve yourself and feel full.
2)Join Gym. Do cardio and weights. Build lean muscles. Muscles use more sugar and hence help you to use your insulin better. By walking a person looses muscles which in the long run is not good.
3) Have those supplements. I take vitamins D, calcium, iron, multivitamins and live52. They fill up the vitamin deficiency due to excessive peeing (increased water intake) and compromised immunity due to D. B12 and vitamin D defies you is common in D people.
4) Increase water intake. I take 3-4 bottles of water. To make it taste better I squeeze a lemon or two.
5) Always eat protein along with fruit. I only take fruits like Papaya, guava, apple and berries along with peanut butter. It lowers the absorption of sugars present In fruit.
6) I have given up grains completely. It took me months to do it as we are addicted to carbs. Let go off rice first then one roti per meal then half now none.
7) I eat 3 meals per day along with 2 snacks. Don't starve yourself. It will worsen your numbers.
6) Last and most important. DON'T TAKE Stress . enjoy your life, some people have it worse than us type 2s. I have been more cautious of Wht I eat after being diagnosed. I take care of myself and I am sure I will live longer and healthier.
My current numbers are fasting - 100-110. Pp 95-110.
Manie, it took me 3-4 months for level 7. 8 to come down to safe 6. I had pp reading of 270 when diagnosed.
PS I am not on any allopathic meds. I am sure my next report will be better. As far as see you have changed your diet and included good physical activity but I will say only eating veggies and salads won't work in long run. You must have a source of energy be it fats or carbs. Since carbs are worse for D replace it with healthy fats. I had only salads n soups after diagnosed but I felt hungry and got dizzy. Also it's not a long term solution, till how long can one survive with just salads. Also depriving your body will increase your numbers as liver dumps more sugar in body to balance it. It's a total lifestyle change. It took me months of hit and trial and this is what I have learnt. I feel energetic, get excellent numbers and my weight has dropped by 10kgs just by doing Wht I mentioned above.
I am sure you will get better numbers. All the best. Do update