Uncontrolled B'S PP

I am 65 years male suffering from Type 2 diabetes since 1988. Initially upto 2000 I managed without medicine by exercise and diet control.  Thereafter gradually medicines started and now I take medicines upto full extent as per my doctor. I take Trajenta 5 Triglimisave LS2 forte in morning with Breakfastand combination of metfomin 500mg glimiperide 2 mg and voglibose 0.2 in afternoon and night with lunch and dinner. I am also taking medicines for BP and ecospirin and atrovastatin combination besides veltam0.4  I have started taking BGR 34 for last 4 months.

Though my fasting BS is controlled my PP goes haywire. Recently my B'S fasting was 114 and PP was 221. I take a corbohydrates restricted diet limiting my carbohydrates intake to about 20 percent of total calories. My total calories intake is appros 1800 kcal. I go for regular brisk walk about 45 minutes every day. Doctor advises to switch to insulin.  Seek gu dance for further course of action.

2 Replies

• You MUST change your what you eat. You CANNOT cover a bad diet with medicine, which is illustrated by your downward trajectory.

Anup will reply to your query, his story will inspire you. In the meantime google LCHF.

• LCHF - My success story. 

No walks, no drugs, sixth year. I don't eat 8 times a day. Only 2 large meals a day. :)

I am not alone. 600+ who have benefited. I have posted many success stories on LCHF that I know. You can check them by clicking on my username which will give you my posts (primarily LCHF diet for managing diabetes) since Jan 2013 out here.

If you have limited carbs to 20%, what have you substitutes the cut down 40% carbs with? 40% of 1800 kcal means 720 kcal worth of carb u have cut down. So what did u replace with?

You may also like...