My wife C.Indira a type I diapetic patient for the past 5 years .her fasting blood glucose is between 140 and 200 and random bood sugar is between 140 and 200.Her HbA1c is always between 5&6 for the past 5 years.But last week her HbA1c showed as 4%.I rechecked the value and got it as 3.9%.Her fasting blood glucose still showing between 100 and 140.Her haemolobin is 11.8%. can any one suggest reason for this error.she is not anamic.

12 Replies

• is the lab where you are getting your sugar level tested fine . there could be error over there.

• yes thyrocare is a reputed one,I had also rechecked values witah columbia asia hospital bangalore and found the results are same.

• Her FBS and random varies between 140 and 200,then how hba1c is between 5 and 6?

• It is unreliable!Is not it?

• You can check hba1c, fasting & pp in another reliable lab.

• I rechecked with columbia asia hospital in Bangalore and the results were same

• Switch Lab.

Many labs involve in what is known as SINK test and they should never be visited again.

With fasting between 100 and 140, and RBS between 140-200, even 6 is impossible number.

• results are rechecked with columbia asia hospital.Bangalore and are found to be same.

• Diabetic complications arise when your blood sugar exceeds 185 mg/dL. Her hemoglobin should be above 12.1 g/dL.

• 185 is too high a number.

• why dont you ask a doctor about these variations in readings. may be he can suggest something about it

• if you want to take free online consultation from doctor then you can consult on website thelifestylediseases.com

You may also like...