FBS always high

Me and my husband's FBS is always between 190-200. We are on homeopathic medicines for past one month from a very much experienced homeopath.

Breakfast is brown poha, semiya upma, oats dosa, ragi idli . No coconut chutneys in our diet.

Lunch consists of broken wheat, brown rice and white rice. white rice only once in a week we take. Curries include bittergourd, bottlegourd, okra, beans, etc. No Potatoes, beetroot, radish, carrot. We take only one cup of low fat milk.( Tea with milk only 2 times a week). No coffee or cold drinks. Dinner is mostly Phulka with vegetables or oats or multigrain porridge. We walk for 2 kms minimum daily. Once in a month we have chicken and fish made at home. With all this restrictions still both FBS and PP not came down. Really fed up with. We also do yoga and exercises for 30 minutes.

We are trying to conceive our first child, but doctor says me to reduce weight and sugar levels.. Can anyone suggest why sugar levels have not come down? ( I am 39 and my hubby is 42 years old)

Thanks

Mrs.Lavvanya Prakash

77 Replies

oldestnewest
  • On such a diet, levels will never come down. Your numbers are what we diabetics on LCHF diet consider as horrible control.

You are slowly pushing yourself to insulin-shots-for-life by following such a UNHEALTHY diet. Brown or WHITE doesn't make much difference. So don't be under the impression that eating brown rice, brown bread will help you.

I am into fifth year as a diabetic on NO DRUGS for ANYTHING. Check my A1C on my profile. I live and preach LCHF diet :)

healthunlocked.com/anup

• I am a doctorate in Microbiology. I have studied several nutritional papers before following the diet I mentioned. But why you say it is entirely unhealthy ? leave the brown rice. apart from that we take oats, ragi, broken wheat, vegetables etc. No coffee, tea, potatoes etc. we dont take red meat. but only chicken and salmon fish.

Moreover cholesterol levels is little high for me. then how can I take LCHF ? Can detail your diet for a diabetic with high cholesterol..

• So what does a little high high cholesterol do? How does dietary fat and cholesterol impact serum cholesterol? Oats maybe healthy for healthy man, its not so for most diabetics. Many diabetics on statins have gone of statins after eating LOW CARB HIGH FAT which means LIPIDS improve on LCHF diet.

No matter what the source of digestible carbs is, it will SPIKE blood sugar. Just to give you a hint, I eat 1 slice bread + 3 Eggs + 1 glass coconut milk as cold coffee in lunch and 1 chapati (no more than 40 grams) with usual stuff in dinner. Breakfast to lunch i don't eat any carbs.

Rest you can check on my forum. Many have posted meals. We count carbs/proteins/fat and restrict carbs to 20%.

I say it is unhealthy because this High Carb Low Fat diet is akin to treating a alcoholic by pushing more alcohol. And, your high numbers ratify my thoughts :)

• Posts from "indiacratus" on LCHF is totally against it..

Hence with different opinions it seems confusing for me. Can I include moderate amounts of fat only?

• If you look at posts of people who don't know a thing about LCHF, you will be confused -- as they are just quoting the mainstream which has DRUG sales as primary objective. Look at guys who live that life and diet. I am on the diet for close to five years now and everything that guys who talk against LCHF are proved wrong on every count. Most who talk against LCHF are guys who haven't even lived that diet even for a single meal. They will not refrain from even quoting some mouse studies where mice is artificially turned diabetic for the study.

So, NO to the whole theory of "MODERATIONS" Doesn't work. Keeping insulin in blood high and then feeling happy about being moderate on FAT is never going to work.

After all, not every diabetic who is living on LCHF for a decade or more all over the globe can be wrong and just few theoreticians right. So, learn from the Masters who practice it :)

• Dear lavanya2015,I am very sorry to write the hurting fact that all theoretical knowledge can not be applied practically exactly as their concerned theories state.

• Telling diabetics to eat brown rice, brown bread instead of the regular ones, to make up for 60% carbs, is like telling a lung cancer patient to smoke Marlboro instead of Panama or Charminar.

• 101% true!

• Dear Anup Ji,Thanks a lot for guiding me all the time to manage my diabetes effectively and efficiently.Now days,I am feeling better.I hope for your regular suggestions.I understand that some people in this world come as messenger of God.May God give you enough strength to guide more and more helpless diabetic people.

• I am just another human with a difference. I look at Food and Drug industry with suspicion after becoming a diabetic. And, I prefer to trust sensible analysis by professionals who consider ADA's recommendations to diabetics as Horribly WRONG. I never feared death so I had the courage to NOT LISTEN to what the so called diabetologists tell the diabetic crowd wrt diet, saturated fat etc and believed the doctors like Peter Attia, Bernstein, Eric Westman, Uffe Ravnskov, Tim Noakes et al and experimented on myself for over a year before I stepped in here in Jan 2013.

Glad that you are feeling better. Make everything coconut a part of your life (oil, milk, shredding, flour) and you would feel still more better. If My talks can drive home the reality to one out of 10 diabetics, I consider my time well spent. 9 out of 10 will also listen when they are doomed. :)

Bottom line: Cut down carbs top 20% and replace with good fats. VCO (2/3 MCT) is the best oil under the sun and one of the best sources of good fat. Coconut oil was demonized by Proctor & Gamble when they launched the most horrible FAT -- Trans fat -- in the form of CRISCO way back and then Soy Oil industry jumped on the bandwagon to demonize SFA/Coconut Oil ... all for "PERSONAL PROFITS @ EXPENSE Of Human Health" :(

• Right!

• I too know that everything in paper is not practically possible. Yet you cannot totally ignore research findings.

• Thanks for realizing the fact!We should not accept all research findings with closed eyes.How our body reacts with recommendations given by doctors and diabetic association is more important.Because we all have slightly varying metabolism.

• timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

pls check the above link from TIMES OF INDIA. It says LCHF leads to CVD risks..

• Please go through following link, as I can quote 10 studies against 1 TOI type of articles with ZERO proof:

forums.dlife.in/threads/swi...

Also check this:

healthunlocked.com/diabetes...

So, no, there's no PROOF that Dietary SFA on LCHF causes CVD. Absolutely NO PROOF. I know of diabetics with CVD/CHD/PPI surgery on LCHF and they are happy that they switched :)

• Thanks for bringing it in the notice.This article was published on Dec 12th, 2009,nearly 6 years ago.

I would like to suggest you that while going for LCHF,first of all you go for lipid profile test and then follow LCHF for some time say for one month and again have a test of lipid profile to see changes i.e. to know-how your body is reacting with LCHF?As every body has metabolism of its own kind.If every thing is OK then keep on following it.

In the addition of above and on the basis of my own experience,I want to share the following information:

i)For a diabetic a good diet plan (consisting of less carbohydrate) and healthy life style are essential.

ii)Whole gains sprouts,selective nuts and non-root vegetables should be taken and the quantity of rice and wheat should be minimum

iii)Drinking sufficient amount of water is helpful.

iv)There must be some physical work/exercises or walk and

v)Avoiding mental stress as far as possible has its own advantages.

In my opinion Indian environment as well as Indian LCHF are different.For information about LCHF,you may ask healthunlocked.com/anup

Wishing you a good health!

• Is the quality of cheese , curds , butter , ghee etc all are ok , in this advocated high fat diet . I heard the cows are given harmonol injections for the better yield .

• What is the link for LCHF meals as per Indian recipes?

• Dear lavanya2015,For all about Indian LCHF,please follow the following link:

forums.dlife.in/

• First of all you have discouraged having a child after 35 is not advisable. Do not give such replies to anyone in future. It hurts me lot.

There are many couples who have child after 40 after controlling diabetes.

• Dear lavanya2015,In my opinion Parenting i.e. being parent is right of every human.First of all make your as well as of your hubby's blood sugar level under control and let the blood sugar level of you both under control.After at least six month of sugar control,If you will go for your next plan then it will be better.Do not be discoursed by words of others because there is your world to live in.Life of every one is not smooth and trouble-free.Many people face many hurdles in their life.Try to handle your situation wisely.May God give you both enough strength to live a happy and healthy married life.

• Dear lavanya2015,Check it:

diabetes.org/living-with-di...

• Breakfast - roasted veggies in convection oven with little cheese spread and olive oil. PPBS for me- 143 mg/dl. Hubby- 135 mg/dl.

Lunch - Roasted chicken in convection oven with butter. 3 almond and coconut flour + egg pancakes. PPBS for me - 149 mg/dl. Hubby - 132 mg/dl.

We are on homeopathic medicines too.

Did not check FBS today.

Are these readings fine? few days back PPBS was high in range of 225-270 mg /dl.

Any suggestions welcome. I posted in dlife too, but no reply from anyone

• You posted on dlife.in at 6:49 pm and got a reply at 10:31pm. That's pretty fast.

• Dear "Lavanya2015"

With all respect to you, it's my suggestion, please do not waste time. Your fasting sugar level is very high and need to be controlled first otherwise severe health challenge you will be facing near future as organs damage will take place due to high blood sugar. Arguments will invite further arguments and it's a never ending process and obviously it will not solve your problem. According to my experience, you should:

1) Meet an Endocrinologist/Diabetologist for proper medication

2) Either use long wheat in Breakfast & Dinner and follow restrictions as mentioned

there OR follow LCHF diet (please search LWMDR/LCHF in this forum)

If you use Long Wheat, I can say, within 3-4 months you will get very good results.

Good Luck.

• Thanks for your encouraging reply. In Abu Dhabi we get broken wheat only. So already I am making broken wheat porridge or substituting broken wheat in place of rice. Is it ok?

Moreover I am taking homeopathic medicines past one month.

I sit long hours in PC at night for my studies related work. I think this must be one reason for increased sugar levels...

• Dear lavanya2015,I also do work on PC in night for three to five hours daily.I measured my blood sugar level many times in night but every time it was OK.As I think you have high blood sugar level due to two reasons.First due to diet plan you follow and second due to you are under homeopathic medicine.So you cut carbohydrate from your diet.I think homeopathic and ayurvedic medicines have slow rate of action i.e. these medicine show their effect after long time.But these medicine work better with no side effects.So temporarily,you may go for allopathic medicines.However,it will be better,if you change your diet plan immediately.

Please,do not feel hesitation,while asking further doubts!

• Breakfast - roasted veggies in convection oven with little cheese spread and olive oil. PPBS for me- 143 mg/dl. Hubby- 135 mg/dl.

Lunch - Roasted chicken in convection oven with butter. 3 almond and coconut flour + egg pancakes. PPBS for me - 149 mg/dl. Hubby - 132 mg/dl.

Did not check FBS today.

Are these readings fine? few days back PPBS was high in range of 225-270 mg /dl.

• Dear lavanya2015,

Congratulations!

Definitely,there is appreciable improvement!Keep on going!

But you must try for better control i.e.for FBS<100 and PPBS (after 1 hr) <140,PPBS (after 2 hrs)<120 and HbA1C<6.

Yes,it is possible with proper diet plan,exercises and medicines (if required).

To get more replies,please post it as main post under heading-My BS Level or some thing else.

• blog.wellnessfx.com/2014/01...

PLS CHECK ABOVE LINK, THIS IS TOTALLY TELLING ABOUT 4 DANGERS OF LCHF DIET.. Is it true?? really got discouraged after reading this ..

We are on LCHF, but after reading this totally confused.. kindly suggest

• Sir, My hubby's FBS is 141 mg/dl today.

Mine is 187 mg/dl past 2 days, value not changed. Provided I did not eat last night. Both of us on LCHF, his values are reducing, mine decreasing too but gradually. Any suggestions to improve? I have calculated C,P, F for both of us based on LCHF and following same.

raw sporuted green gram has

Carbohydrates - 5.94 g

Sugars- 4.13 g

Dietary fiber- 1.8 g ( value from wikipedia)

To this if coconut and butter is added while cooking will the carbs come down?

reg

Lavvanya Prakash

• Post your's & hubby's BS readings-FBS & PPBS (also random,if any)-before and after following LCHF-Date wise.

• Most of the time I work late nights into early mornings since 2005. Have never found my FBS high ever in all these five years as a diabetic. Sugar control is all about CARBS intake control. No pathy (homeo/allo/naturo) can ever outlive a bad diet. When I say BAD read HIGH CARB. Sooner one realizes this better it is for the long-term.

Inability to get off the wheat rice bandwagon is the biggest hurdle. Read the following case and in three weeks, he is off from two expensive drugs and has stable blood sugars and is reducing weight without starving:

healthunlocked.com/diabetes...

I have pinned this case on my forum and we wil be following up with him for the next five or six months to see if he can be off from other oral drugs that he takes. Rs 2700/Month worth of expensive drugs he went off in first week itself :)

BTW, FAT doesn't cause CVD/CHD. There's absolutely no PROOF and it's just the same lies being repeated since last 5 decades.

Did not check FBS today.

• welcomelchf.wordpress.com/2... This is the new blog I created for logging in my recipes and experiences.. Pls have a look. I will shortly post recipes..

• Great. So one more Indian diabetic be a LCHF fan. One advise -- don't host such things on those FREE hosting sites. Looks cheap and non serious. I offered this advise to another young lady -- Pragya -- here who has also started a LCHF recipe site.

I could have done this "free hosting on subdomain" more than 2 years back when I was restricted from posting here because few anti LCHF guys got after me and I was restricted in less than 4 months of being here - Started talking LCHF in January 2013 out here, when this forum was just launched.

However, I waited and planned and launched a full fledged forum -- dlife.in -- on a commercially licensed software with a paid hosting service. So, now there are close to 200 meals from diabetics who practice LCHF on the forum. Yes, doing all this costs money, but that's a way of giving back to society and helping other diabetics who are betrayed by the mainstream with a HORRIBLE ADA Diet and Drugs as side dish in every meal.

I am not a big fan of WORDPRESS as it has the most horrible security vulnerability history

zdnet.com/article/fbi-expec...

• @Anup your experiences are for us to learn. I wanted to make it simple so did with wordpress. Anyways will start to look over for paid hostings.. Could you suggest a few

• @ Anup, My hubby's FBS is 141 mg/dl today.

Mine is 187 mg/dl past 2 days, value not changed. Provided I did not eat last night. Both of us on LCHF, his values are reducing, mine decreasing too but gradually. Any suggestions to improve? I have calculated C,P, F for both of us based on LCHF and following same.

In one of your posts you mentioned about sporuted green gram.

Carbohydrates - 5.94 g

Sugars- 4.13 g

reg

Lavvanya Prakash

• You still seem to be doing half hearted when it comes to LCHF wrt adding FAT to diet. Where's the FAT in daily diet and how much?

Just up the FAT from VCO/Butter/Nuts/VOO (VOO only for salad dressing and not for cooking). Up the FAT when you get the carbs down to 20%. You have to because diabetics cannot go high on proteins as proteins also spike sugar levels and spike late. PUFA loaded industrial vegetable oils are worse oils.

I don't count WIKI as a genuine source. C/P/F i refer to fatsecret.com/

Also, as i have said in the past, get MF at bed time at least. You can taper it off as you settle completely into LCHF diet.

Homeopathy may or may not give the last mile advantage. At least in my entire family, homeopathy has never worked for anything.

• @ Anup, wrt fat I add in form a butter (2 tbsps = 24 g fat), then olive oil, and cheddar cheese wherever I can add. I am constantly trying to have 60% f,20 % of C and P.

To sprouts, I added coconut and onion and fried in Butter, hoping this will not spike sugar levels.

I also take most info from fatsecret, wiki info I too dont trust much, but occasionally if I dont find anywhere else I use wiki.

• Thanks for your reply. I have seen few LCHF recipes in websites. But most of them are non-veg dishes. Can you tell a link for recipes with vegetarian dishes? I have non-veg, but I dont like it daily..

• I don't have count on hand, but on my forum out of close 200 odd, i don't think more than 30% are non veg. Western LCHF diet will be non veg loaded as most are aiming for just 10% from carbs.

• Laavanya

You have some very high fasting BS levels. Have you been to an allopathic doctor yet? I personally use homeopathic medicines from time to time. I also use ayurvedic medicines. But my philosophy is keep an open mind towards all possible medical options. So no disrespect to the homeopath that is treating you but homeopathy doesn't seem to be working for you as of now. Please see an allopathic doctor, they will most likely order a full blood test including HbA1c. Once they have those results depending on the levels of A1c they would prescribe medicines. Hopefully you can pull it off with oral medications.

Do follow your doctors instructions and take all prescribed medications to get your BS under control. You can then make changes to your diet and add exercises other than walking. If you can afford it see a nutritionist who can help you with restructuring the meals you eat. I would strongly recommend getting your blood tests done first and then go to a nutritionist who has the necessary formal education, who looks at the reports and understands them to the extent it is necessary to work with you in planning your meals for your specific condition.

Most importantly don't loose heart. If what you have been doing doesnt seem to work for you then it is time to change course and do something differently :)

Good luck

• Laavanya

I had not read the bunch of replies to your post before I wrote my initial reply above. So please ignore some of the obvious generic info I mentioned. It seems like you have been working with a primary care physician. If you provide more info about A1C, what your doctor has to say, any medications they prescribed etc. perhaps I can bounce some more ideas.

I will add this -- do work on reducing weight if that is something your doctor has pointed out. Add interval training (on alternate days) and some weight training on the other days. Muscles as you know are capable of burning glucose, so the more you put the muscles to work, you are going to reduce the insulin resistance.

S

Carbohydrates - 5.94 g

Sugars- 4.13 g

reg

Lavvanya Prakash

• Thanks for your wishes Sir... After you switched over to LCHF how soon your FBS got reduced? Did you check your LDL, HDL and triglycerides before and after LCHF?

I am on homeopathic medicines past 1 month. My doctor is a well experienced person. He says with homeopathy, levels will first increase and then gradually decrease. He did not tell me about any specific diet, but told me to cut down sugar, sweets, potatoes, mangoes, asafoetida and coffee..

regards

Dr.Lavvanya Prakash

• While arun kumar gives you his numbers, take a look at a young diabetic's history before and after LCHF -- runs into three pages:

forums.dlife.in/threads/med...

He was on Hypertension and Statin drugs on so called healthy diet. On LCHF he has dropped all drugs and hitting great numbers :)

FAT doesn't spoil LIPIDS. It fixes it. It's the High Carbs that KILL.

• Your results are motivating Sir.

Does LCHF diet increase LDL or triglycerides by any chance ? Both me and my hubby have little higher LDL and triglycerides.. So I am fearing to add butter, cheese etc to foods.. Pls explain

• @Arunkumar..hope you are doing good..

10 days ago my fbs was in 190 mg/dlrange. after LCHF it came to 152mg/dl. But yesterday I had handpounded rice, multigrain bread both at noon and night ( together 150 gm rice + salmon curry in coconut ). Today my fbs is 203 mg/dl..

Just having one day of handpunded rice, will it shoot up sugar levels? I am supposed to see reading today at 7.15 am, but due to work in morning I saw fbs at 8 am. will this time difference may have increased fbs? I did not have food after 9.15 pm yesterday. Pls advice..

Carbohydrates - 5.94 g

Sugars- 4.13 g

reg

Lavvanya Prakash

• Sir ,

Does LCHF diet increase LDL or triglycerides by any chance ? Both me and my hubby have little higher LDL and triglycerides.. So I am fearing to add butter, cheese etc to foods.. Pls explain

• What are LDL and TG readings?

Get the TG down as first thing as higher TG means Insulin resistance and that is first step towards inflammation also.

Dropping TG on SFA also increases HDL and LDL particles _may_ shift towards larger-and-Flufy side. I go by what Dr Attia says -- an engineer, and a doctor -- and I believe in him more than anyone else:

eatingacademy.com/how-low-c...

As for LDL, a great (as per the company) diabetic drug recently introduced in the market -- Invokana @ Rs 50/pill -- also increases LDL but I don't find any doctor desisting from prescribing it nor did FDA reject the drug.

Lipids may go awry for some on a Very low carb diets. Most of us are on 20% carbs so do not fall in VLC range. My LDL has decreased from 110 to 90 when my TG fell to 110. Still would like to see my TG go below 90.

• My Lunch today - Greens Soup, Drumstick leaves curry, Cauliflower and flaxseed fritters made with 1.5 spoons of besan powder. Checked PPBS 2 hours after lunch. It was 182 mg/dl for me and for my hubby it was 159 mg/dl. Any suggestions welcome

PLS CHECK ABOVE LINK, THIS IS TOTALLY TELLING ABOUT 4 DANGERS OF LCHF DIET.. Is it true?? really got discouraged after reading this ..

We are on LCHF, but after reading this totally confused.. kindly suggest

• thanks for your advise.. keep posting nice recipes too on LCHF

• My Lunch today - Greens Soup, Drumstick leaves curry, Cauliflower and flaxseed fritters made with 1.5 spoons of besan powder. Checked PPBS 2 hours after lunch. It was 182 mg/dl for me and for my hubby it was 159 mg/dl. Any suggestions welcome

• Sir the above reply is for whom?

• Can fresh coconut also be used in curries as part of LCHF diet?

• I am a bit unclear on one thing:

Are you here to learn about LCHF from diabetics who have been living that life or are you are here to SCARE those who want to switch? If latter, it will not work. Because the link quoted by you have been quoted in the past by few ANTI LCHF Critics in the past on this forum.

You should have seen what people (including me) have commented on that blog. LCHF is very bad for people who are too occupied with HIGH CARB LOW FAT nonsense. For others it's great and medical reports prove it year after year and diabetics go off or drastically reduce drugs one after another.

BTW, do you suffer from PCOS too?

• @Aunp, I am here to get rid of our diabetes, not to scare people. I am too worried after reading certain articles. Hence I want details from people like you who are getting benefits of LCHF. Most of you here are close to my dad's age and more experienced in this health aspects. I am impressed by this forum and want to maintain a good health and so I am keen in knowing your suggestions.

Only thing is I get more scared of some articles like above.

I dont have PCOS. Today my FBS- 209 mg/dl, hubby - 165 mg/dl. (Last night dinner: I had half chapathi made of whole wheat, besan, methi leaves and 3 roasted chicken pieces. hubby had 2 chapathis and 3 roasted medium chicken pieces). No water after dinner. saw readings this morning after 10 hours. Is this kind of dinner would have spiked sugar? yesterday PPBS was between 135 - 149 for both of us.

Awaiting your reply..

Thanks..

• I have read many such "Thrillers" against LCHF over the last four years and relegated it to the right place -- Trashbin. Reason -- It simply is nothing but a RANT or some study done by Lacing Pizza bun with butter to prove butter is bad. Ground results of diabetics on LCHF diet for decades are entirely different. Why? Because we diabetics on LCHF diet don't lace pizza buns with butter :)

Start counting carbs proteins and fat in meal and switch to LCHF in 3 weeks transition time-frame. How much CARBS is there in two chapatis? Proteins will also spike and spike late. First get hold of PPBS in three weeks ensuring that it falls in the right band.

Count your CARBS/Proteins/Fats. I have posted a long post on dlife.in on how to do this.

BTW, did you both go for marathon walks in morning before FBS test? I simply don't get the logic of no water after dinner.

• @Anup, Thanks for your detailed reply. One more query is - Can I take only veggies and avacodo juice at night instead of chapathi /dal/ chicken?

Another concern is - my hubby says that mostly in mornings he is very hungry. Regularly he has one cup of full fat milk, One egg, 1 chapathi with veggies, and a handful of mixed almonds, walnuts and pistas. At 11 am I send him 200 ml buttermilk, steamed veggies, 1 cucumber, 2 chapathis. Again 3 pm lunch. In spite of this he says about hunger... Moreover his weight is reduced to 3 kgs. He has to be 72-74 kgs for his height. But he is reduced to 70.

I am expecting your suggestions of what can be done in this regard..

• Start changing from B/F.

1 Slice bread coated with butter, 2 or 3 egg omlete (with yolk of course) made in VCO, butte and loaded with cheese, and some veggies (bell pepper, half tomato etc) and 1 glass coconut milk as cold coffee (no sweetener). Do this for a week and keep record of PPBS post B/F.

I will always underline one fat: Cut the carbs and don't fear FAT. Fear CARBS. LCHF is BAD for the DRUG industry, not for the humans (unless one is a hyper-responder) who live by it..

Get 100 grams peanuts+walnuts+almonds a day in different forms as regular part of daily menu. Hunger is nothing but a gift of High Carb Low fat diet.

Re Chapati - No more than 2 /day.

Re Weight - I don't care about BMI and calorie counting. Eat a high fat diet, and watch weight weekly and let the body decide what's healthy.

Re multiple times eating: Get over this habit and theory of diabetics needing to eat 6 times a day. Hunger pangs are a gift of High Carb Diet. It goes away on LCHF. I only eat two big meals a day.

Lot has been posted about these things in structured manner on dlife.in In the Into foum you will find two pinned posts where insulin injecting diabetics have been helped in detail.

Yes on cutting out chapati in dinner.

• @Anup, Thanks..

Yet Bread too has high carbs.. Is it brown bread/ white bread / multigrain bread to be eaten?

I forgot to mention- Me and hubby are taking homeopathic medicines for past 1 and half months. When called the doctor about frequent hunger he said it is due to medicines and slowly body's metabolism will become normal. We are into LCHF past 10 days only...

• 1 Slice bread (white/brown/multi is all marketing gimmick so really doesn't matter) is roughly 12 grams carbs. That said, if you can eliminate that, nothing like it. That would be the best thing to do. I take one slice bread and one paratha a day. If I have to take rice for a change, I remove paratha.Morning till lunch my body runs on Black coffee with VCO. If ever I feel hungry, just take fistful nuts. Nothing else from B/F till lunch.

Onto drugs (any pathy): Any thing that pushes up insulin levels in blood is bad for hunger pangs and overall health. Hunger pangs disappear on LCHF diet -- if followed. LCHF diet kills hunger pangs because all the wild swings in blood sugar (and hence insulin in blood) is almost eliminated completely -- except for the days when one cheats.

Stop homeo and switch to Metformin SR and then as levels slowly stabilize, taper that off slowly too. Add a multivitamin to life.

• @Anup..hope you are doing good..

10 days ago my fbs was in 190 mg/dlrange. after LCHF it came to 152mg/dl. But yesterday I had handpounded rice, multigrain bread both at noon and night ( together 150 gm rice + salmon curry in coconut ). Today my fbs is 203 mg/dl..

Just having one day of handpunded rice, will it shoot up sugar levels? I am supposed to see reading today at 7.15 am, but due to work in morning I saw fbs at 8 am. will this time difference may have increased fbs? I did not have food after 9.15 pm yesterday. Pls advice..

• How about measuring PPBS -- 1 and 2 hr after first bite?

You maybe in for a rude shock on PPBS values after eating rice and bread in case you and FBS of 200.

I never eat rice and bread together.

Carbohydrates - 5.94 g

Sugars- 4.13 g

reg

Lavvanya Prakash

• You will find my comment lower down as I had come across this article long back and commented. One of his fanboy jumped on me there also. That article sounds more like a ADA written script :)

That article had over 80 comments. But now I find less than half. Fortunately my comment there still stays :)

• I read your comments in that article now @ Anup

• I always get scared of articles like above.. I read too much after slowly converting to LCHF..

Today my FBS- 209 mg/dl, hubby - 165 mg/dl. (Last night dinner: I had half chapathi made of whole wheat, besan, methi leaves and 3 roasted chicken pieces. hubby had 2 chapathis and 3 roasted medium chicken pieces). No water after dinner. saw readings this morning after 10 hours. Is this kind of dinner would have spiked sugar? yesterday PPBS was between 135 - 149 for both of us.

kindly suggest why the spike would be.. I am really worried. FBS high today and PPBS low yesterday

• I always get scared of articles like above.. I read too much after slowly converting to LCHF..

Today my FBS- 209 mg/dl, hubby - 165 mg/dl. (Last night dinner: I had half chapathi made of whole wheat, besan, methi leaves and 3 roasted chicken pieces. hubby had 2 chapathis and 3 roasted medium chicken pieces). No water after dinner. saw readings this morning after 10 hours. Is this kind of dinner would have spiked sugar? yesterday PPBS was between 135 - 149 for both of us.

kindly suggest why the spike would be.. I am really worried. FBS high today and PPBS low yesterday

• Already taking homeopathy medicines. Since we live in Abu Dhabi we took medicines from our homeopath for 3 months continuously.

These days I sleep by 10.30 pm. I take food by 9 pm and take FBS @ 7 pm. ( 10 hrs after dinner).

Do you mean FBS will vary if a persons stays awake late night? Pls explain..

What is CGM?

• Hai Lavanya 2015, if you interested, you could try our kayakalpa medicine.

Many people follow a strict diet, do regular exercises, take their medicines (either allopathic or herbal treatment or both), etc. Some people are benefitted by one or other way. But many people don't see a cure for their diabetes. Its because every treatment they take just act at the level of a particular region or organ (eg.pancreas, insulin level, insulin receptors,etc). I feel that if a medicine act at a deeper level, that is if it acts on every cell & tissue of the whole body, raise the general immunity, cleans the whole system, then we can see cure of diabetes. Not only diabetes, it suits to cancer, AIDS, leucoderma, psoriasis,etc. I am a homeopathy doctor coming from a family of herbal physicians and we have prepared a kayakalpa medicine that suits for most of the incurable diseases. If interested you can mail me at drkarthikbhms2015@gmail.com

You may also like...