Week 4 done - would have been better without the gummy bear!

Started out a bit late this morning, so had to change my route a little to get home in time to make sure the boys were up for school. Ended up having to finish the last 5 mins on uphill pavements instead of my usual nice flat canal path.

Was really pushing myself to get through the last 2 mins when a gummy bear attached itself to the bottom of my trainer and hitched a ride! Very distracting. I knew that if I stopped to peel it off I wouldn't get going again, so ended my run doing a sort of lopsided hop. Very glamorous!

Really glad to have got to the end of week 4 though.....is it REALLY possible that I'll be doing 20 mins this time next week? Seems a very big leap.

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done!! I'm sure the 20 mins will be fine, just take it slow and you will be surprised how well you can do!! I've just completed week 6 and loving it!!

• Take my hat off to you - I am dreading week 4. I am week 3R2- completed this morn went out at 7 30- lovely sunny day. I can't imagine jumping from 3 mins to five - it feels like a big leap.

Really well done you

• Mmm. Gummy bears. I wondered where it had gone!

Excuse my sense of humour - I know I should resist, but never can (:->)

• you can do it. Believe in yourself.

btw..I love gummy bears!

• The gummy bear did make me laugh! it's funny what we'll put up with to avoid breaking our rhythm and stride!

• Poor Gummy Bear! I am starting week 5 tomorrow so I wish us both luck x

• You will be ready. Slow and steady and you'll be punching the air when you hear the call to cool down.

• My shoes pick up bits of gravel and I find it really irritating. I know I can't remove them unless I poke them out with a stick so I have to jog along thunk, scrape, thunk, scrape. Of course if I get a bit stuck in the other shoe I can go scrape, scrape, scrape, scrape. :)

Well done and of course you can do 20 minutes. We have all doubted we could - but we did.

• You do realise that gummy bear slowed you down? Resistance running - go you :D

You may also like...