Is running contagious??

Yesterday, we went for a lovely walk in the hills. We were playing hide and seek with the kids, and it was my husbands and my turn to hide. I started running down a hill to find somewhere to hide and blow me I heard my husband running after me! Now this may not sound like anything unusual, but my husband NEVER runs! I could hear him huffing and puffing close behind me (was he trying to keep up?), and I couldn't turn round or I may have laughed and put him off!!

What's happening?? First it was the swimming (he is taking lessons - after a HUGE amount of grumbling), and now he's trying out a little run!!! Ha! Ha! Makes me laugh just thinking about it!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Running is contagious,

you catch it like the flu,

When someone ran past me today,

I started running too.

I ran around the corner,

and someone saw my grin -

When he ran I realized,

I'd passed it on to him.

I thought about that run,

then I realized its worth,

A single run, just like mine,

could travel round the earth.

So, if you feel a run begin,

don't leave it undetected -

Let's start an epidemic quick

and get the world infected!!!

Some of you may recognise the original version of this ditty, I simply substituted' running' for the original 'smiling'.

• Awesome Swanscot! Thought it looked familiar :D Could you perhaps set it to music and then it could become our anthem for C25K? Linda x

• Brilliant, swanscot and I guess that answers your question too petal. :)

• It is petal!! My OH now quite regularly joins me for a run and has even been the one to suggest going out on some occasions ;) The irony of it is though that he can quite happily keep going when I am knackered and he doesn't even train for it......grrr! You better watch out! ;)

Sue

You may also like...