No jogging for me :-(

I have the stiffest and most painfully sore neck I have ever had in my life. I barely got any sleep last night. So there is no way I can go jogging today, I think I'd pass out after about 5 minutes if I even made it that long. I tried heat, Ive tried cold, I've tried Ibuprofen and paracetamol (not together) and I'm now onto Voltarol gel. I can barely move my head in any direction. Was suppose to be my last run of week 8. I'm so disappointed and feeling very sorry for myself. :-(

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • That's must be terribly disappointing for you and painful, hopefully you'll be back to full fitness very soon and you can complete W8. Have you got a wheat cushion that you can put in the microwave, they work wonders for me with shoulder/neck problems, as you can really bend them around the area.

• Thanks. Yes I keep trying the wheat bag but so far nothing is shifting it. :-(

• Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. It must be so disappointing. Hope to hear you're better soon :(

• Thanks. :)

• I know how you feel - I unbolted the back door last week and in reaching up triggered something in my neck. I couldn't move my head at all. I went to my chiropractor who put it right but it's still uncomfortable and I don't think the underlying problem has gone away. It's miserable, isn't it? I hope you feel better soon.

• If it's no better in the morning I'll be going to the doctors because over the counter painkillers aren't taking the pain away. I will probably have to repeat week 8 if I don;t get back out there soon. :-(

Hope your neck is feeling better too. :-)

• Get well soon!! Keep the faith. You know you can do it. No point risking your health though so get this sorted first. I've not run for 4 days with working late and it being to hot to go on a morning now :-( Going out tonight for W8R1 but worried about having the break and then it's the step up to 28 mins (eek)!! Ah well, it's a marathon not a sprint as they say and so long as we get there eventually. :-)

• Good luck with your run tonight. :-) And you are right it's not a sprint. I feel really rather pleased that I have come as far as I have because before I started the programme I really did have doubts. It has and is taking me longer than the 9 weeks but things get in the way. I am really looking forward to getting back out there though.

• Thanks. Good that you are still determined. I was really sceptical at the start but starting to believe now :-)

You may also like...