I recently ran W5R3, and I know how scared I was, so I have decided to write a blog post to help anyone who is about to run the dreaded 20 minutes! Please feel free to share your advice in the comments below!
1. Picture your best friend or crush or even partner running next to you, and wanting you to keep going. Even pretend that your having a conversation with them!
2. Plan what you are going to write in your blog post ONCE you have completed the run. This keeps a positive mindset and also keeps you distracted
3. Slow and steady wins the race. Pace yourself, you can build on speed later, just focus on getting through the 20 mins
4. Even try counting the time you have left
5. If you are finding it really tough, watch how you are breathing, and your running technique
6. Drink a glass or 2 of water before your run, to prevent dehydration, and hopefully prevent stitch!
7. Keep going, no matter what! Whatever pain you are feeling throughout the run, I can guarantee it will be worth it!
8. Have fun! Remember how amazing you have done! Its only been 5 weeks since you could barely run 1 minute. Now look at you. Trust the plan, try your hardest, and you will succeed!
Hope you all have great runs!
If you have any questions you want to ask me, then feel free to comment down below! And please put your advice if you have completed the run!
Thanks for reading!
My blog post about my W5R3 run: couchto5k.healthunlocked.co...