Home Run

After the initial euphoria of graduation things cooled off for me with running. A minor injury or 2 and various weather events have impacted on my ability to get out the door.

I have however kept going and ticked off a few goals so 10k done, First 10k race entered (May) and a 60% age grade at my last parkrun.

Today was a revelation though, visiting my parents I took my trainers with me and had a run on the beach and foreshore over the route of my old school cross country.

A good 6 miler was enough to exorcise the ghost of running past and give me a boost for the rest of the day.

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Brilliant walney! Its great to tick those goals off of the list; I am still ticking away! ;)

Sue

• It is good, but things can be a little up and down! Especially if like me you see a palteau as a set back. Still, onward and upward!

• OMG walney masochistic comes to mind 'old school cross country'!!!! Mine just about killed me in those days, heavens only knows what it would do to me now. I to this day still don't understand why they made us 'young ladies' do such a thing. Joking aside, well done on your achievments to date and all the best of luck for your first 10K race next month. :)

You may also like...