Whoa there Bessie old girl your home again - 10K finish line crossed again!

Well its taken me a few weeks to pluck up the courage to try another 10K but this morning the weather conditions were good, cool, overcast but mainly dry with just a light breeze so off I went.

Yeehaa I covered 10.13Km in 1:06:39 thats knocked 1 minute off my first 10K run that I did a few weeks ago. Only stopped running once and that was for traffice lights. I think I have to stick to NHS formula of 3 runs to move on, so another one to do before I can say I'm a true 10K runner, what do you think?

Will probably be bannished to the spare bedroom tonight when I start running again in my sleep (restless legs) :) But my goodness do I feel gooooooooodddddd ;)

13 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Wow Oldgirl, that's brilliant! :) I'd like to get to 10K one day, but at my current pace it would take me around one and a half hours, so I've got some way to go yet. ;)

Mentioning restless legs has just made me realise that I've not been getting this so much now I'm running. I guess my legs are too tired to get jiggy with it any more, lol. :P

• LOL no more jiggy legs! How did you get your lovely smilie with tongue sticking out?

• : P without the gap. :P

• That is a really wonderful achievement, you have every right to be very proud - thanks for posting it gives us all something to aim for (one distant day perhaps in my case!). :-)

• What a lovely, happy, inspirational post. :-) 10K here I come! (In a wee while ;-) )

• Fantastic, I wish I was that fast. The best I have managed is 9.5K and that about 90 minutes.

Well done.

• Thats a fantastic achievement. In my view 2 10k runs means your def a 10k runner - well done!

• Well done Oldgirl, you are ALREADY a 10K runner!! I can point you to the Bupa ten mile training plan any time you like (ducking out of the way right now!!)

CaroleC

• I would need serious hospital treatment if I tried anything like 10 miles Carol. :)

• Well done oldgirl that's fab! Impressed that you only had to stop one ( for the lights) and a great time!!!! Go you! One day that may just be me.... I had to do some walking when I did 10k. :)

• Wowee, that is fantastic (distance AND time).Well done. Something to aspire to.

• Oldgirl, that is just brillliant. I don't think I'll ever be able to do 10K, I'm so tired after just over 5K! So inspirational though, well done!

• This is a fantastic time; you must be on a real high!

You may also like...