5 x 50 day challenge - Day 1 complete even though not 100%

Last night I had a slightly upset stomach (maybe it was the dodgy curry I made for the family?). I still didn't feel 100% when I got up but couldn't let my fellow 5 x 50 challengers down and there is beautiful sunshine here in Buckinghamshire, so decided that I would go out if only to do a 5k walk (a run was the plan initially). Did the warm up walk and started doing a bit of jogging and walking but in the end run the lot, dodgy stomach and all. Not a fast time but 49 days to improve.

Good luck to everyone else on day 1 of the challenge - we can do this!!!!

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sunny morning here in Scotland, temperature 2c but no wind. Did 5k in 27:39 and am absolutely delighted with that especially having to tread carefully over some icy ground.

1 down .... 49 to go :-)

• Just completed my day 1 run. Joined in local organised event 5K on Parkrun course and did a PB - 29 mins. :-)

• You must be well chuffed, congratulations :-)

• What a lovely way to start the challenge! :)

• 5k jog done through muddy freezing woods. Painfully slow though, 50 minutes.

I either logged my run several times on the 5x50 site or not at all, nothing seems to happen after I hit the save activity button.

• I had the same problem, you don't seem to be able to see what you've logged, I'm sure they will get loads of feedback and sort it soon.

• Well done all ! I think I probably covered my 5k while marshaling at the HM today. I was planning to go for a gentle 5k afterwards but ended up running up and down so much while marshaling that I've aggravated the pain in my achilles tendon. I'll probably do a stint on the cross trainer later, just to make sure !

• Well done everyone for day 1 efforts; some great times there!

I did my usual run for when I am staying at my daughters along the rinverside; 5.45k in 45 minutes (so still slow but consistant!) I felt a crampy sort of feeling in my right calf about a quarter of the way through, stretched and was able to carry on to the end; it felt much worse as I walked indoors; so am now resting it up on a pack of peas (supplied by grandson who is playing Dr) and hoping it feels better for our planned after dinner dog walk! :-(

• Hope the calf is ok for later Poppy; make sure you look after it..... The run sounds lovely :)

Oh, and dont forget to track the dog walk too! ;)

Sue

You may also like...