Respect? Well who'd have thought it... Week 5 eh?

Well last time I tried C25K after repeating week 3 several times and eventually giving up as I was still struggling with the 3 minutes, I started again in January.

Last week was W4 and as I blogged at the end of W3 it was going so much better. I didn't have a problem with any of the runs in W4 and am starting to feel like a proper runner, it's easier all round this time.

Today I did W5R1 with only a little trepidation. The first two runs went well, going into the final 5 mins I was flagging a little. I ran into the small park near my home to do a lap for the final 5 mins and met a runner coming the opposite way - a young lad wearing trendy gear, not sports clothing running fast laps. As we approached I met his eyes and he offered me his fist (like a high five, I've seen the young 'uns at work do it). With a smile I responded and we ran on. He lapped me twice each time grinning at me.

I came home and told the 16year old son about this fist-nudging business. With a grin he said 'respect'. Eh? It means 'respect' he tells me...

I can't stop smiling now and I was pretty high before

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds great! I think I would've dived out of the park in embarrassment!

Not heard of this alternative high-fiving. That's the trouble with not having any children and friend's son's away at college.

Any idea why it's easier this time round?

• Ahh! - that brought moistness to my eyes! Lovely! :)

• Hi Pam no it's a mystery to me. I did no exercise December and beginning of Jan but its been easier from the start. I went back to the beginning. I don't feel so tired this time. I really want to do it but I did last time. Can't really believe I'll be running 20 minutest on Sunday but I'll be doing my best.

The alternative hi-five is a new one on me too :-)

• How absolutely brilliant :-)

• Well done you! I still find I'm anxious when I pass other people, not sure exactly how they will react to me! I asked my kids (aged 9 and 12), and they have absolutely no idea what the fist nudging means. Maybe it's something they'll grow into!!

You may also like...