C25K take two... Started again from the beginning

I attempted C25K last autumn and gave up in November as I could not run for 5 minutes. I repeated (and repeated) week 3 until I could run 3 minutes comfortably but I was giving up on the 3 minute runs after 2 minutes . I Thought I would have another go and for some reason it's so much easier this time... I've done week 3 this week, was amazed when Laura said I'd finished yesterday and R1 I did and extra 2 runs before the warm down. I can't think what's changed as I still have over 4 stone to lose, I'm still 48 and I still have my medical conditions. I'm starting W4 this weekend and I know that I'll do it. Bring it on!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done on persevering. I think the difference was your determination to do it again, despite finding it difficult. A good deal of getting through the 9 weeks is down to mental attitude and, by coming in to it, knowing it would be tough, but you were going to do it anyway, you had a great head start.

• I bet Wepre is right. How you think about running definitely makes an enormous difference to how hard it feels.

Carry on thinking positive and you'll get there - and it really is worth it. (And if you get to a tricky point, try slowing down - it almost always helps - moving slowly is much better than not moving at all! I would say that though, because I go very slowly! :)

You may also like...