Away from Home in Graduation Week

Bit of an ulterior motive to this blog, if I tell you all that I'm going to run when away from home then I'm far more likely to do it :-)

For the first time since I started this running lark, I am away on business. Being able to just run anywhere in the world was one of the reasons for getting started in the first place, this is the first time I will put it to the test. I'm in Aberdeen, so not far enough for jet lag, but far enough for lots of excuses. I planned a route along the seafront using WalkJogRun and walked it this evening so the "I don't know the area" excuse is gone

It was chuffin cold though with a stiff breeze on the way back, hence this post, now I have to do it ;-)

14 Replies

oldestnewest
  • I await your report! :)

• Thanks greenlegs, now the pressure is really on :-)

• Well I did it 30 minutes in a foreign country ;-) . The thought of having to report back definitely spurred me on. The stiff breeze was hard work on the way back, helped me on the way out but I would have preferred it the other way around. Still could have been worse, the forecast sleet did not appear :-)

I will have to research a route in the other direction for Thursday

• Well done on the foreign running, and glad it was sleetless (mmm, I like that word). Sleetless in Aberdeen! :)

• Love it :-D

• Good luck. You'll feel much better for it than just sitting in the hotel / hotel bar I'm sure.

• Am currently in said bar, with a lovely post run glow. Won't have any trouble sleeping tonight ;-)

• Well done!

• Go for it! Let us inow how you get on :)

• Thanks Annie, all went well, much easier on the way out though. The stiff sea breeze was still there so coming back was a slog, did it though so well chuffed at the moment :-)

• We're all watching from the bushes! Go for it.

• The thought of anyone wanting to watch me from the bushes is great. There weren't many about sadly they would have made a good wind break :-)

• Got to love Aberdeen, dark, wet, windy, foggy......and that's in summer. Runners paradise :-) come home soon xx

• What a difference a day makes - yesterday sleet and howling wind, today was dry, windless and sunny, I ran in the daylight too. Home tomorrow YAY :-) xxx

You may also like...