My own music

Started week 7 today! After struggling with the 25 minute run at the end of week 6 I was dreading today, but I decided to run to my own music. . . and what a difference it made. I loved it and could have kept going at the end of the 25 minutes. I did miss Laura encouraging me but I remembered all her words of wisdom as I ran and enjoyed it so much more.

Anyone else out there listening to own music by week 7 stage?

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • No, but I did do two of them without music at all, just using my watch (didn't plan to do that, it just worked out that way) and I was surprised that I didn't find it any harder. But I do like her encouragements!

• A few years ago I ran a bit and loved running to my own music -it was very uplifting and energising but was running for only about 15 mins at a time. Am just about to start week 8 and the thought of using my own music is appealing after reading your post but I do worry that I would miss a encouragement?

• I ditched Laura as soon as the intervals stopped and haven't looked back. Laura was essential to get me to that point but couldn't wait to run to something I actually enjoyed listening to! :) Best of luck for your next run and your journey to the finish line!

Sue

• I'm about to start week 7 and was toying with doing my own thing but I am a bit of a wuss in terms of 'bending the rules' :-)

might do one week 7 with Laura and then make my own playlist as I can imagine 3 repeats of week 7 will get a bit dull.

well done for getting this far we haven't long to go before we get out lovely grad badges!

• I also ditched Laura - I find I run for longer and think less about how much longer I have to go to finish the session when I run to my own music. An example of this was a week ago when I ran for just over 45mins and ran 3.20km. I hiope to improve on this especially as I am doing a Race for Life 5k in june.

• I enjoy the music!

• I now run to my own music and love it. Laura was very important to me and used her the entire programme. But now I would never go back. I really didn't like the c25k music, but I LOVED Laura!

You may also like...