Back after looooooooooooooong break and still on track!

So I know I've been very, very bad - after completing Week 4 on Chrismas, it was over a month before I put my running shoes back on. There was a lot of travelling, a missed deadline and a bout of backache in between, but I must also confess losing a bit of motivation for a while.

Anyhow, on 28th Jan I finally pushed myself out to start over. I was planning to do the entire Week 4 again, but to my utter surprise and delight, the run went pretty smoothly - I was in fact less tired than I remembered being a month ago! So yesterday I said chuck it, I'll proceed to W5R1 and it is like that gap never even happened!

Can't express just how great it is to start running again. Now I have ensured that there is no more travelling for the next month and a half, and no further distractions. I really want to graduate by the first week of March and then keep running regularly after that. Wish me luck!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Yay - well done you for coming back to it - and how great that it all went so much better than you'd feared! :)

You can do this now - you're half-way through. Just a few more weeks to go and you'll be wearing your shiny green badge with pride :)

• Good luck, what great news!

• Delighted to hear you're back out. I reckon it must be quite easy once you've let it slide for a while to just never get back into it.

Fair play to you.

• Well done. Good luck, I'm sure you'll do it!

Viki :-)

• Thanks, all!

You may also like...