Thrilled but gutted!!!

After my discouraging run on Wednesday, I took on board all the great advice I got from you guys and went out today with new determination to speed up. Also, I didn't put on so many layers, so wasn't nearly as hot. My newfound spirit wasn't helped by the fact that I slipped in some slimy mud and landed on my bad knee. But it felt ok as I started to run and guess what?! I set my running sensor for a 30 minute run, stopped when it said I had run for 30 minutes and then it told me I had run 2.99 miles!!!!! Well, was I thrilled or what! But also gutted that I had stopped running and stopped the recording sensor before I knew my distance!! If only..... It would have been so amazing to hear her say 3 miles completed. So my next run I am going to set it to record distance first and time second so that I will know as I run how far I have gone. Still very chuffed that I ran better and faster today. Thrilled!!!!!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done what a great sense of achievement :) I look forward to reaching the same dizzy heights (just started W3) x

• You will do it, I know you will. If I can, anyone can. Each run is one more step closer. It really does work. Just stick with Laura.

• 2.99 miles that's amazing - well done.

• Yes thats a very nice distance! look forward to the next update, which of course will be even further.....good for you.

Dale

• Good stuff, Mary! (Not the slimy mud bit though - hope your knee is ok.)

Bet you actually ran 3 miles anyway - 0.01 of a mile is only 17 yards, and maybe it's not that accurate anyway? Annoying though - I wouldn't be able to let myself say 3 miles either.

You are running exactly twice as fast as my last run - wow! :)

• Great stuff well done x

• Wow well done, excellent distance, good running. Looking forward to reading you did 3 miles next time :-)

• Don't know which is more exciting, having such a good run today or getting my graduate badge! Think its the badge!! :)

You may also like...