What do you listen to when you do a park run?

I'm a recent graduate - so trying out the 5k+ podcasts. Stamina is really helpful - but I think I could go a tiny bit faster. Thinking of trying my first park run next weekend and I'd like to get a close to 30 mins as I can.

Any suggestions? I've wondered about putting together my own playlist but I've got no idea how you tell roughly what beat per minute tracks are. The run to the beat mantra in the 5k+ podcasts is helping me.

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Why not try running without music!

• i'm not brave enough! It's been a revelation that I can run at all - and I really enjoy the music.

• I always run to music- I'm a musician, couldn't do it otherwise ;)

jog.fm is a great website for picking songs that are the right tempo.

• That's a great tip thanks! I might not get it together for first one- but at some point I think I'll need some proper music. Amazing the difference it makes

• Hi could try jog.fm if you type your pace it will give you ideal songs and their bpm, I think you can also post your playlist and this should then tell you the bpm for each song (I haven't tried so don't know for sure)

• Thanks I'm going to take a look - if I can get it to work for me will post something

• I would echo the comment about leaving the music at home.

The first time I ran without music was a parkrun.

I could hear my feet hitting the ground and it made me think about my foot placement.

Plus people would talk to me, I could hear the marshalls cheer me on and all the lovely noises you get in the early morning park.

You may also like...