How is everyone?

Well its been a while since I've been on here, probably a couple of month waiting on my fractured foot and torn ligaments to fully heal. I am finally pain free but have missed so much so just wanted to drop in and say hi. I hope everyone is well since my last visit and hello to any new faces!

I plan to do C25K all over again, I just need to decide whether or not to leave it to the new year as I'm on a low calorie diet at the minute and don't know how high intensity exercise would mix with that of anyone has any experience?

5 Replies

oldestnewest
  • How low are you talking? Sub 1500?

• Hi, didntrunthat. Up until a couple of weeks ago I was doing a calorie restriction 2 days a week (Tues and Thurs) and eating normally 1400+ cal the rest of the time. On restriction days I was eating 5-600 cals. I made sure my runs didn't coincide with restriction days. I've had to cut restriction days down to one a week as I was losing too much weight and feeling a bit weak! I don't do it to lose weight but for other health reasons.

Hope your injury bears up to C25k revisited! :)

• Welcome back! I can't answer about the lcd but just wanted to wish you all the best with running again, and I hope your foot is fully healed now :)

• I'm on a calorie controlled diet and took up the c25k because my weight loss had plateaued and I was hoping this wood kick star it again. It most certainly did! The key for me is to make sure I don't run on empty, because there isn't much in store. If I haven't eaten properly that day then I get light headed and dizzy during the runs and cant complete them - which I'm attributing to the dropping blood sugar. So morning runs are tricky as if I'm going to do them I have to have eaten breakfast and left a little time to let it settle. Mostly I run after work - making sure I've had a couple hundred calories for breakfast and again at lunch, then a light snack (fruit usually) on the way home, for me this works really well.

Hope that helps & welcome back!

• I have been sticking to 1200 cals a day, although sometimes I struggle to get it above 1000, but never go to bed hungry. I've lost 1.5-2 pounds a week and still counting.

I did 30 mins of mixed running/walking late this morning and had a small handful of nuts for breakfast. Luckily I rarely run first thing, but my stomach gets upset if I run too close to eating too so what I eat now will likely be much more important.

You may also like...