Suprisingly - Still Running!!

I had a week away in Portugal last week and I took my running stuff but wasn't sure if I could persuade myself to run on holiday. I was up to Week 6 and found the first run easy and was pretty chuffed because I'd read so many other blogs telling me that week 6 was a tough one. Run 2 did not go so well, I managed the first 10 mins really easily and thought for the first time "I'm enjoying this running lark". When it was time for the 2nd run I managed about 2 mins before I had to stop. I walked the rest of the way round it was a shame because I'd got into a running rhythm in the first 10 mins and I just couldn't pick it up again. When I got home on Friday I was planning my Saturday run. I wasn't sure whether to do wk 6 r 2 again or to move on. I moved on and although I found that 25 mins an incredibly long time I did keep going and kept my mantra going "It doesn't matter about speed or duration it's all about keeping going however slow".

This worked and needless to say I felt so pleased with myself after it.

Still not lost any weight though, I'm hoping that the pounds will start to budge with the longer runs!

Wk 7 tomorrow, dare I say that I am looking forward to it!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • christ alive!! you ran for 10 mins and then 25 mins?? well done you!!!

i cant imagine running the three minutes I think Laura has in store for me tomorrow, never mind 10!!

you're almost at the finish line with a graduation and i totally agree with the slow but going for it mantra.

keep on running!!

:-)

• We all have good runs and bad runs and I have a feeling you will do great with week 7! I have not had any weight loss even though I watch 80% of the time what I eat...but I am toning and had to part with some clothes that were getting to big. Wishing you a successful week 7! :-) Gayle

You may also like...