Week one is done!

Today ends my first week of C25K. I am so glad that I started this program. I put it off for a long time. I was afraid of getting hurt. I was afraid of failing. I was afraid of falling. It took me a while to realized that all of my fears boiled down to a fear of looking foolish to others. I finally decided that I don't care about what others think. I want this, and it is for me. I have no one to please but myself.

Question though, is it too soon to sign up for a 5K? I think it might give me a tangible goal to aim towards. I'll finish my last week of the program during the last week of December. I'd like to sign up for a race on New Years Day. Any advice is welcome.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! It is a life changer, for sure. Keep going!

• Good for you for getting started! You should definitely sign up for the New Year's Day 5k! As you say, it'll give you a target to aim for. Good luck, keep us posted!

• Well done, getting started is the really hard part. I agree with oona, sign up for New Year's Day. Having a target is a great motivator.

Go for it.

• Welcome! Definitely sign up for the 5K! Good luck with the programme, week on week you will amaze yourself! :)

• Well done :) definitely sign up for the 5K, it was the best thing I did :)

• Well done on making the step of taking on this challenge Kimberami and getting over your fears! You will be fine for a 5k by the end of the 9 weeks so go for it! Sue x

• No question - register for that 5k now! It'll be so much fun and a really good way to celebrate finishing the programme. Glad you enjoyed week 1 so much; keep going, keep blogging and keep achieving! :)

You may also like...