Week one is done!

Today ends my first week of C25K. I am so glad that I started this program. I put it off for a long time. I was afraid of getting hurt. I was afraid of failing. I was afraid of falling. It took me a while to realized that all of my fears boiled down to a fear of looking foolish to others. I finally decided that I don't care about what others think. I want this, and it is for me. I have no one to please but myself.

Question though, is it too soon to sign up for a 5K? I think it might give me a tangible goal to aim towards. I'll finish my last week of the program during the last week of December. I'd like to sign up for a race on New Years Day. Any advice is welcome.

9 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done! It is a life changer, for sure. Keep going!

• Good for you for getting started! You should definitely sign up for the New Year's Day 5k! As you say, it'll give you a target to aim for. Good luck, keep us posted!

• Well done, getting started is the really hard part. I agree with oona, sign up for New Year's Day. Having a target is a great motivator.

Go for it.

• Welcome! Definitely sign up for the 5K! Good luck with the programme, week on week you will amaze yourself! :)

• Well done :) definitely sign up for the 5K, it was the best thing I did :)

• Well done on making the step of taking on this challenge Kimberami and getting over your fears! You will be fine for a 5k by the end of the 9 weeks so go for it! Sue x

• No question - register for that 5k now! It'll be so much fun and a really good way to celebrate finishing the programme. Glad you enjoyed week 1 so much; keep going, keep blogging and keep achieving! :)

You may also like...