Week 9 Run 3 - Parkrun 2- Done

Week 9 Run 3 - Parkrun 2- Done

Roll up, roll up, witness the bearded gazelle! :)

My second Parkrun- paced myself a lot better than the first one.

Slow & steady wins the race. I had enough left in me for a dash at the end.

Having forty-ish people clapping, & cheering me on, & saying

"yeah, sprint finish, well done!" was something I won't forget anytime soon.

I'm absolutely buzzing. I love Parkrun, and I can only do Parkrun thanks to

the brilliance of the C25k program, and the awesome people on this forum.

Thanks, everyone.

My time was 36:14, 2 mins slower than last week. Who cares? not me, I just

do it for the mental & physical benefits.

I will spend the afternoon starting a new program, which I've just developed.

It's called 5k2C. :)

Last edited by

54 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Woo Hoo ! I thought about you this morning Finchy , cos I remembered you were doing your Graduation Run today .

Fab stuff ! Many Congratulations to you on your Graduation ! It has been a pleasure following your progress on here , you've given us lots of laughs along the way :-)

Yep, I would definitely start your programme straight away , you have well and truly earned a lie down on the couch this afternoon :-)

Well done to you and all the very best to you in whatever running direction you decide to take

Have you requested your Badge ? :-) xxx

• Thanks a lot poppypug , the badge is on its way :)

• Ah there it is , Suits you Sir :-) xxx

• Ooooohh! :)

• Ha ha ! :-D xxx

• Congratulations๐ŸŽ‰๐ŸŽ†๐ŸŽŠ

• Thanks Ayupmeduck , and well done on your milestone run today :)

• Well done and congratulations, what a way to graduate. Now the fun begins.!๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐ŸŽ“

• Congratulations 90ldfinch!!!

Thought about you this morning and was watching out for your post.

Enjoy the rest of the day and weekend. Any celebrations planned?

• Thanks Slinky. I'm just enjoying the sense of achievement.

My celebration is getting back on the couch and resting for a day or two :)

• Don't get too comfy! New runs to take! new adventures to be had!

• well done! Just remember to have a regular day off from your new programme! Consecutive days on the couch are not recommended as the gremlins get too comfortable there!

• That's great! Congratulations.

• Great news 90ldfinch! Congratulations! So glad that you enjoyed your moment there and finished in style. It has been great to see you progress through the programme, and I will keep reading your posts to see where your running takes you next.

• Well done and what a way to do it, real cheers as you cross the finish line. Enjoy the rest of your day. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ…

• Congratulations on graduation! Great that you did it at Parkrun too๐Ÿ™‚ Btw, I can heartily recommend 5k2C as I have completed it myself, many times!๐Ÿ˜‰

• Yeay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Graduate!!! Wow..

Go you... as for your new idea for a programme...hmmm.. not sure that is a good idea? :)

• Only for today Oldfloss :)

Cross-training tomorrow, dawn run on Monday๐ŸŒœ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

• Top work fella ๐Ÿ˜Šbig congrats on graduating 90ldfinch ,you have done brilliantly ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Woo woo another fabulous graduate!! Welcome aboard.. and in glorious style.. must have been amazing everyone clapping and cheering!! Enjoy your glory!! :)

• Well done!! I'm gonna make it to that Parkrun one of these days! Congratulations!! ๐Ÿƒ๐Ÿƒ

• You know it makes sense DonNnaB. I commented on a fella there in my post last week- Mr "Burn, Burn, Burn!"

I saw he actually posted this on the Walsall Parkrun Facebook page a few weeks ago :

"I think this is probably the most picturesque of the 44 parkruns I have visited and it is also a good fast course."

Not idea about it being a fast course, but it sure is bostin' :)

• Congratulations 9oldfinch ๐Ÿ˜†!sounds like you had a great time!well done and onwards to new adventures ๐Ÿ˜Š

• Congratulations

• Well done graduate!

Now to plan your future running adventures.

• Well done that man!!! The world is your running track. Enjoy it.

Keep running, keep smiling.

• Congratulations and really well done. What a great way to do it. Now awaiting your next developments.....!!

• Love the 5k2c idea...I did my first parkrun today (w6r3) and had to have a snooze this afternoon, my eyes wouldn't stay open! Love reading all the stories from those further on in the program than me....truly inspirational. Congratulations on graduating ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿผ

• I just saw your post, m'lady. I've also been snoozing. Must be good for us :)

• Yay Finchy you did it! I've not been on this week but so glad I popped on in time to see this!

• Thanks Talulah1984 - am I getting mixed up, or are you doing your Race For Life tomorrow? If so, all the best :)

• wow, don't you just look like the pro! Inspires me to take up the daughter's suggestion of Parkrun. Have pencilled it in for the summer hols. Many congrats!

• Haha! Thanks Sueb. Just plodding along. You'll enjoy your Park run adventures, I'm sure :)

• Bearded gazelle indeed!! Massive congrats Finchy! Thanks for your posts and direct (and indirect) advice along the way. Am looking forward to following your running adventures from here to know what to expect of life after graduation :)

• Haha! Thanks, Melly :)

• Well done 9Oldfinch, what a great way to graduate! ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿพ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿ‘

• Well done finchy. The parkrun must be a great way to graduate (even if it's your second parkrun)

• Well done! Keep posting!

• Well done, a great way to graduate. Lots of new adventures waiting for you now๐Ÿ˜ˆ

• Fantastic. Well done bearded gazelle. You cracked it. Very pleased for you, hope you've peeled yourself from the couch ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿพ๐Ÿพ

• Well done , bearded gazelle ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Graduation!!! 90ldfinch you must be feeling on top of the world, well done! And I have to say you really don't look like that park run is trying to kill you either, you look very at ease there ๐Ÿ˜€

• Thanks, Feelingsilly, that photo must have been just after the start :)

• Ah Finchy Graduate!!!!! Mahoosive congratulations to you - have thoroughly enjoyed all your posts and can't wait to hear your further adventures!! Thanks for all the laughs - keep running Bearded Gazelle๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

• Ta very much, Indi :)

• Congratulations 90ldfinch. I've enjoyed reading your journey. Bet it feels good. Hope you enjoy your new programme for a day!! I love the way you are leading the pack in the photo.

• Thanks dddd4 - it's a carefully selected photo- I finished 328th :)

• Brilliant... And that's a great pic too ๐Ÿ˜Ž

• Well done Oldfinch, what a smashing photo! Kept thinking of you all weekend knowing you had this run planned. Your graduation badge suits you.

• You're very kind, thanks Slowstart :)

• You're an absolute star Finchy! Congrats on graduation and you've well and truly earned a little rest before your next challenge, whatever it may be. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

• Thanks tryinmibest - had a rest yesterday, and did a slow, slow 5k down the canal, this morning. Don't want to revert back to lazy habits :)

• Well done, you've done so well and congratulations on graduating.

• Congratulations old finch. Park run looks fun.๐Ÿ˜€

You may also like...