W8R1 - lost in Denbies

Having had 3 days off i was kind of dreading this run. I've been putting it off all day, i'd eaten too much over the weekend, i'd not had much sleep last night, in summary i was expecting a disaster and so i can't be too surprised that's exactly what i got!!! I thought that i would try a 5K route knowing that i would quite happily walk the remainder of the route once laura had finished her bit as it was a lovely route around Denbies vineyard in Dorking. Having never been there before i was looking for a path to the left once i'd passed some buildings but in my eagerness i took the wrong path and ended up running across the vineyard doing a great Peppa pig impression jumping up and down in the big muddy puddles. Then i had to walk up a very steep incline before climbing over a barbed wire fence at the top of the hill. I had also very stupidly picked the time of day when all the school kids were leaving and although they were all very kind not to say anything i could tell what they must have been thinking about this lumbering great muddy mess stumbling past them!

Anyway i plotted the route on my return to the office and it was actually 5K still but it took me 45 minutes!!!

Heres hoping for a better attempt next time

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well you chose a lovely place to get lost. :D

Well done on doing 5K.

• Oh fittyboomboom that gave me a laugh! Well done on doing the 5K. Better luck next time :-)

You may also like...