Painful beginnings are a thing of the past!
After not being able to run for 3 days after the first run due to VERY painful legs, I decided to take action following the advice given to me here.
What I do:
- Make sure I drink enough water everyday
- Post run yoga for about 10 minutes
- Shower (warm/cold/warm/cold water on legs)
- Massage legs with Arnica massage balm
- Drink water and eat a banana + oatcake if necessary
= happy mind, happy body!
I have been able to run every other day since then! My legs no longer ache at all afterwards or the following day, even if I "feel them working" while running.
I must say, starting C25K is by far the most rewarding activity I have ever done. Feeling happy!