Week 5 done: a milestone!

Latest instalments in my running log:

W5R1: back home and feeling a bit tired, but I go out for my run after work at around 6pm, back to the local track this time. The run goes well, and I am accompanied by one of my kids who is now on week 6. My weight is down by another half kilo, which is ok considering I was travelling and eating some rich food over the past week or so.

W5R2: Lovely crisp autumn morning, perfect for a run. I use the trails in the park rather than the track and it does indeed help to mix it up a bit! The second half of the second run goes on a bit, but I do it. Endomondo says I did just over 3km, which is something to be proud of! Next up, a full 20 minutes of jogging on Monday morning.

W5R3: I did it! Yes! Can’t quite believe that this programme has turned me from a couch potato into someone who can jog 20 minutes straight and talks seriously about trying a half marathon next year.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

2 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done!

I found week 5 really hard, and did runs 1 and 2 quite a few times before moving on!

Keep it up! :)

• Well done! I managed Wk5 r2 today and everyone who's gone before is an inspiration - egging me on to the next stage. All the best for week 6 and yes - if you want to do a half marathon you know how far we've all got so far so it's got to be a possibility (think I'll stick to 5k myself).

Keep going!

You may also like...