Achilles better with new shoes (W6r2)

So having been incredibly pleased to do the 20 minute w5r3 I set off to do w6r1, my Achilles, which has been sore ever since I started running, hurt a lot. I saw a physiotherapist who said I should go easy and maybe change my running shoes.

I managed w6r2 but had to take a break for a week as it was so sore. So on Sunday I changed my shoes- I went to a local running shop who had a gait analysis treadmill. They recommended some completely different shoes as I have a lot of 'pronation' and am a 'well built gentleman'.

Ran after that with the new shoes (w6r2 again) and what a difference, I iced my Achilles after the run and it feels pretty good. I'm going to allow longer between runs for a while to ensure I don't relapse. Up until this I had been going every other day, now I think I'll have a two day break between runs.

Still got time to get to 5k before my first official run on the 4th November.

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • New shoes can make all the difference! Glad to read you made an excellent purchase! Wishing you continued success on the c25k journey and looking forward to reading more of your updates. :-)

You may also like...