Quick update- weight loss and 10k training

I have not written for a while but I do read the blogs regularly to keep the motivation and more importantly keep myself updated with what everyone is doing..so nosey!

The training for 10k is going ok, I have made my own 11 week plan based on existing plans. The speed is still slow (43 mins for 5k) but that does not bother me, I am just pleased I am running :-). I did my first 7k 3 days back and did not ache much afterwards so that's a good sign. I still have almost 7 weeks before I do my first 10k so hopefully all is in control:-)

Oh the best news I have lost 18.5 pounds in last 3 months, so can't ask for more...thanks everyone for sharing your wonderful stories. Happy running !

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Devanski well done with your amazing weight loss and your continued running :)

Ask JR21 for your graduation badge; I need to see that green next to your name :)

• Thanks- just emailed JR21 for a badge.

• Well done, that sounds like excellent progress and you should certainly be on target for your first 10k :-)

• Oh well done for building on your distance. The speed doesn't matter. I can't wait to get going on the10k training plan once I've finished this one!

• Awesome job on the weight loss and gaining distance! Please continue to blog so we can stay updated with your progress!

• Great post, you are doing really well. Did my 2nd 10k today, its a great distance to aim for, challenging but definitely doable. Good luck x

• Thanks Deryn, you were definitely a good support when I signed up for 10k-I remember emailing you and asking for advice.

• Thanks everyone:-)

• Well done Devanski. :) Great news on the weight loss too. Good luck with preparing for 10K. I look forward to reading how you get on. :)

• Thanks Legion

You may also like...