Couch to 5K
55,035 members87,585 posts

Missed her today..The wife that is

Well. To the peeps that commmented previously on wk8r3 THANK YOU. It was rather 'Carry On esque' when i look back. Her on the bike shouting me on with promises of great things to come as i feel like dying on the spot.

Today its Week 9 run 1. All alone as the lady wife has to work. At 11 o'clock i set out alone (boo hoo) in glorious sunshine with Laura in my ears. But only for the five minute warm up walk. When i found i had to run 30 mins I switched to Queens Greatest Hits. A fabulous album for running to in anyone's book. And I swear on my mothers grave (when she snuffs it) that, and you will not be believe this, the last track to play as I 'crossed the finish line' of the run section. YES I DID IT!!, the final track HONESTLY was .....WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS!!! I Sh*t you not. What an awesome finish to a 30 minute run. I am shattered but damn well ecstatic!!! :-)

5 Replies
oldestnewest

"I've had my share of sand kicked in my face but I've come through!"... Should be the anthem of all C25k-ers everywhere, well done for completing your 30 minute run - a lovely blog and great taste in music. :-)

Perfect timing! and sounds like it was a good run too! I;ll need to look out my Queen CDs and load some onto my mp3 player.

That just brill, you couldnt have asked for anything better!! Well done you! Not long to graduation now....

:) amazing timing.

You are the champion! Great job! You inspire this week 5'er to keep it up!!!!

You may also like...