The dreaded week 5 run 3.......I only went and did it!

Ok, what can I say, you were all right, trust in Laura and the programme..... I was all set to repeat run 2 tonight to try and build up more confidence before attempting the run that seems to have us all quaking with fear but after reading blogs in my lunch break I decided to bite the bullet and just give it a try.....

I followed the route I did for run 2 but took legions advice and made my warm up slightly longer so that I had crossed the main road and therefore passed the worst of the hill before I started running.

My Achilles were very tight and my legs felt heavy but my breathing wasn't too bad (it's a bit cooler today) when Laura said I had run for 10 minutes I was chuffed as that was the most I have ever run without walking, at 15 I felt so proud and suddenly realised I could do it, wasn't even dying by the end which is usually the norm..... Straight home and into a hot bath feeling rather proud and chuffed! Just hope I don't suffer too much tomorrow!

To all you other week 5ers, if I can do it anyone can!!!! Keep going xx

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

17 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations enjoy the great feeling x

• Well done. Enjoy!!

• Whoooppppp! Such a great feeling isn't it! :)

• Good job! great run and now it's just onwards and upwards! :)

• Well done. Me too tonight... great feeling isn't it. I never thought I'd get to run for 20 minutes the first time I ran and struggled at 20 seconds.

I am really starting to believe that I can graduate. Keep letting us know how you are doing please. :o)

• So pleased for you. :D Knew you could do it. ;) I bet your perception of long runs versus intervals has changed a bit after today?! Have a good rest day or two now and don't be tempted to go too fast when you start on week 6.

• Well done you. It's really mostly a mental challenge from here and I know you will be fine! Onwards and upwards! :-)

• Brilliant Nicolaclaire! Think and pray for me tomorrow when I launch into my 20 minute jog!

• Well done, it's such a great feeling to know you can do it after all those doubts. You will be smiling all day.

• Wonderful achievement... Hope your smile resembles a Cheshire cat!

• I am doing this tonight- well done !!!!

xx

• Yay! well done :)

• Woohoo, well done, such an achievement :-)

• wow! I did my first run of week 4 today and thought.. 5 minutes.. I surely can't do 5 minutes, but went for it anyway. And Huzzah! I completed it. Now looking at the week 5 runs, which are just next week, I have no idea what I was worrying about. Week 5 run 3 is the one to worry about.

But you did it!! And that gives me hope too. Thanks for sharing and congrats!

• Well done you. No-one thinks they can do it and everyone discovers they can. It IS great. Your next big milestone (soon) is when Laura tells you that you are officially a runner!

• I love reading comments like these! I am facing the same run on Sunday and I feel much better about it now. Way to go Nicolaclaire!

• Well done... I've still got a week to go before wk 5 run 3.. It's a great inspiration when I read posts like yours..

You may also like...