Week 1, Run 2

This evening I set off on my second run, I went at about 6.45pm tonight and it was quiet in the village I live in, I made a big mistake though of having pasta for tea which made me bloated and I felt sluggish!

I took a different route today which I enjoyed as it took me up the village and past the pub and local shop where there was a little more activity, I ran up a quiet side road then turned half way round then went back down the village, past my own house and completed the last 5 min walk up another quiet road! I am lucky where I am as there is lots of different routes/bridleways to access.

I felt really good after my run and i was very pleased as i completed all the runs which I had struggled to do on Saturday, I then stretched off and walked back home listening to my favorite songs on my ipod.

I decided to wind down with a big glass of water and a banana, I'm going to take a water bottle running with me as I felt a little dehydrated at times despite drinking plenty today but the warm weather doesn't help!

I am now looking at smoothie recipes as I am trying to cut down on drinking coke which is my caffeine addiction! I'm also drinking a lot more water and orange juice (Diluted)

I feel better about myself already and it's only my second run!

Keep going everyone!!!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldestnewest

You may also like...