City2Surf... off my bucket list!

I completed a 14k chariity run today.

I started a fair way back in the field of 85000 but i damn well ran the whole way! Feeling a bit proud as part of the course (about 6k mark) is called Heartbreak Hill, and i concur with that opinion as it is a very long and steep incline.. maybe a bit over a kilometre. I was inspired by an older gent who could have been about 70 and i thought 'if he can do it so can I'.

I finished in a good time 86.55, which equates to about 6.2minutes per kilometre. I was a bit tired afterwards and very hungry but proud of my efforts too. A good indicator for my half marathon coming up in September.

Happy running everyone.

Regards

Amanda

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

7 Replies

oldestnewest
  • 85000, wow!

what an event, well done.

• My youngest daughter did this too! Well done! Good luck for the half marathon!

• Thanks very much. How did your daughter go grid let?

• Well done Amanda, it sounds like an amazing event.

• Congratulations! That run is on my bucket lits too. Along with doing the 10k track

around Ullaru one day. Bet your grinning today:)

• Thanks. Definitely grinning... Bit weary though. I would live to run around Uluru... Have to be winter though!

• Congrats Amanda! I'm only on week 3 now but I'm intending on doing the city to surf when I move back to Sydney!! Glad to see how far you have come and now I know there is still hope for me yet!!

You may also like...