Running club.... First time, eek!

I'm going along this morning! I'm posting on here so that I can't wimp out! I've been plucking up courage for ages!

My daughter encouraged me to do the Parkrun and came along with me and I loved it! I'm assuming it's a similar atmosphere without the competition. It's the social aspect that worries me, I'm not worried about how slow I am.

I'm sure that once I've been I will love it, I'll post later to let you know how I get on!

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Sounds great! Looking forward to hearing how you get on, enjoy! :)

• It was a lovely run and I went pretty fast for me too! Thankyou

• How did you get on? Reckon such a run will take me 50 minutes - did anyone in your run do it this slow?

• It took me about thirty minutes but I got lost at one point and had to ask a cyclist the way! It wasn't timed so I don't know how anyone else got on.

• How did you get on? I'd be really nervous with the social aspect too...

• The social aspect of it felt really awkward for me, TJ, the trainer was really nice and the setting off was ok, I just felt like a sore thumb on the return. I will go again next week though.

• it does get easier i promise.

• Yay! You're back!

Thanks Ali! I'm persevering with it!

• How was the run? I envy you the experience!

• It was a lovely run Thankyou, quite different to my normal route on the seafront, lots of country lanes and fields.

You may also like...