1. Gents, this one doesn't apply to you so ignore it! Don't run first thing on getting out of bed if you have spent the whole (very hot) night tossing and turning with the "menopausal sweats" and are tired.
2. Gents, this one also doesn't apply to you unless you just sweated anyway because of the heat. Don't run first thing in the morning if you are dehydrated because you spent all night etc etc etc...
3. You might be able to ignore number 2 if you got out early enough know to rehydrate with enough water to keep you going through a very hot run without it all sloshing around in your stomach and making you feel sick!
4. Don't run if, just before you were going out, your stomach started cramping signalling toilet call, but middle son has just got into the shower, and because you aren't lucky enough to have more than one loo, you decide to ignore cramping tum and just get out there anyway!
5. Don't run if, as soon as you step outside the door, the heat is already radiating up off the pavement and this is at 8.24am!
6. Lastly, if you've ignored all of the above and went out for the run anyway, you have no-one but yourself to blame!!
Just thankful that son was out of the shower when I got home!
You might have cottoned on that I didn't have a good time this morning...night times are definitely working out best for me right now, but we're out tonight so I had to get it in this morning. Two weeks today till my 10k event, no slacking allowed!