It felt almost as good as graduating!!! Done a week 5 run 3 at my fastest rate :)

Still going gentle because of a tender upper back. I have not done a thirty minute run for some time.

I have completed three twenty minute runs now. I am only going to increase them when i feel up to it.

Today I managed to do the run at 9kph. Twenty minutes at 9kph (a small confession, i dropped to 7.5kph for about a minute half way through, my heart rate was bouncing around 180bpm, it went steady so i upped it back up to 9kph).

It was always my desire to get to complete 5k in 30 minutes. Only then have i truly graduated.

I made real progress as not being able to run for a month put me back somewhat, i couldnt just pick up and do a thirty minute jog.

I figure if I do a couple more twenty minute @ 9kph, and try to do without the mid way slow down, and then try to do three ten minute runs with a calm down walk of a few minutes between each of them.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

oldest β€’ newest

You may also like...