Couch to 5K
81,083 members β€’ 112,403 posts

Week 5 run 3 done...

... and I didn't want to stop!

I can't believe this. I just ran for 22 minutes non-stop. Backwards and forwards, on a pebbly white road in the Umbrian hills, 55 years old, 5'2" and 87 kg, never run before C25K - *couldn't* run, it's impossible, I don't have the lung capacity, the willpower, "I'm built for comfort not speed" (that bit may still be true lol.)

Well I can run now. I *do* have the willpower, I *do* have the lung capacity and I have the C25K app, my mate Sarah Millican and you gorgeous lot. Thanks for the support guys xxx

(post-run photo attached 😘)

14 Replies
oldest β€’ newest

Brilliant, my stats (age etc) are similar to yours and I am starting to feel re-energised. I finished wk 9 yesterday and I bet you can do it as well, we could be virtual running mates, keep up the good work.

1 like

Yay! Thanks!

Congrats! It’s surprising what you can do when you put your mind to it 😊 keep up the good work! Xx

1 like

It’s a monumental run is that! Well done! πŸ’ͺ🏽

1 like

Well done! W5R3 is such a β€˜landmark’ . Hope you love the rest of the programme. The landscape looks fabulous- very inspiring.

1 like

Brilliant, yes you can and yes you did... you got this.

Well done you!! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ‘

Woohoo you!! πŸŽ‰ Brilliant run and well done! Bet you feel awesome, and that gorgeous scenery can only but help! Great photo - you look so happy! πŸ˜€

Keep running! πŸ‘πŸ»πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸ’ͺπŸ»πŸ˜€πŸ‘

Fantastic! Huge congratulations, I've done mine today and very much wanted to stop πŸ˜‚

1 like

Well done you too! Together we can do it!

Good for you! That run is a bit of a milestone in the program. Hope your next run is as good!

Good luck, thanks for the fab photo, you are doing really great!

Well done. So many doubters are pleasantly proved wrong. You can do anything, now :)

1 like

Great post, and excellent running. Well done!

Amazing - the sense of achievement is worth anything! Well done πŸƒβ€β™€οΈπŸƒβ€β™€οΈ

You may also like...