What's your Favorite Post Run Breakfast?

Like many of us I prefer to run first thing before breakfast. Post run I just love some lightly boiled eggs (or poached if I can be bothered) on toasted seeded wholemeal bread with a little salt and a lot of black pepper with a glass of grapefruit juice and maybe a yoghurt (Activia cherry), plus of course the ubiquitous mug of tea.

Anyone else have a favorite post run meal?

10 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Pre run - 2 big mugs of tea,

Can't eat post run for a while, so have 2 glasses of fruit juice and then a piece of fruit. After about an hour or so I can eat, then have a sandwich and another big mug of tea.

• Pre run = banana and cuppa T

Post run = a) bran flakes with raisins or sultans added, or, b) weetabix, banana and clear honey poured over yummy, or c) h/m natural yogurt bran muesli with blueberries/strawberries/banana added, or d) h/m bran yogurt & raisin muffin, loads of water and at least 2 cups of T. OK so I'm fickle and like variety in my life :)

• I'm like you, I can't eat before going out on my run. I make sure I drink about 400 mls of water though. Afterwards I go straight for the water and drink at least another pint. Then it's fruit juice, a huge bowl of coffee (I live in France!), then All-Bran or wholemeal toast. I keep dreaming about a full English breakfast but I wouldn't be patient enough to make it. Bacon sandwiches would be perfect! I'm saving up my M&S bacon for a victory breakfast when I become a graduate next weekend (finger's crossed).

• Post run at the weekends I love either a bacon buttie or boiled egg and soliders!

• I run first thing so have a cup of tea before I go out, then a spoonful of All Bran along with unsweetened muesli, a sprinkle of omega rich seeds on top and possibly some blueberries or banana on top of that and another cup of tea.

• Thanks Guys,

I can see the possibility of a C25K receipe book here - Jamie Oliver eat your heart out :-)

• I also can't eat before a run but drink a good size glass of water. Come back proud as onch that managed run and have scrambled egg with smoked salmon with lemon queezed over the salmon. Yummy!

• Scrambled egg & smoked salmon - heaven! - only get that at Christmas in our house ;-)

• Banana before and two boiled eggs afterwards - runny yolks with salt and black pepper. Must be free-range eggies too !

• I have breakfast before running - it's the breakfast I get up early for rather than the run. I like big breakfasts - porridge with banana is good, or rosti potato (grating the potato definitely counts as a Random Act of Fitness), fried egg and veggie bacon. A glass of juice, two mugs of coffee and two hours to digest it, then I am good to go.

You may also like...