Weekend away and went for a run

Having decided that weekends were for "different" runs (see previous posts) I put the running gear in the car when we headed off for a weekend away. We were staying in a Premier Inn on the outskirts of Middlesburgh to visit a friend in Guisborough. Got to the hotel mid afternoon, sun was shining and we weren't expected for dinner until after 7 so I decided to go for a run. Next question was where to go. As it happened we were right opposite the James Cook hospital so I decided to try that. It's quite a big site with loads of paths and car parks so I just tried to run round the perimeter and follow the paths. Past lots of people standing outside having a fag (thought it was a no smoking site!) but no other runners. Really enjoyed the exploring bit and got a full 30 minutes run in.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

3 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Whoa - good thinking to run round a hospital if you don't know the area. It's amazing the number of NHS employees that smoke - it is almost complusory ...

• Maybe your run will inspire one of those smokers to put down the cancer stick and try C25K!

• Hey... If you experienced any palpitations you were in the right place!

You may also like...