I did it! Finally!

I did it! Finally!

So... I had a few hiccups during my C25K training. In Week 6 I went on holiday to Corfu which meant I had longer breaks between my runs (3-4 days) although I did manage to complete 2 runs while I was there! Then I got really discouraged in Week 7, and Week 8 I had thigh pains which again meant I stretched out my runs further than I would have liked.

This all meant that I was due to do Week 9, Run 3 on the day of the Race for Life which was what I had been training for anyway. I woke up with a horrible cold and ear infection, but I decided that it wasn't going to discourage me. I had a cup of tea, then drank some Lucozade and dosed myself up on cold & flu tablets. When I got to the Race for Life venue I had some more Lucozade and an energy tablet, then it was time to run! I went in the 'joggers' section as I wasn't sure how fast I would go being ill. Well... I managed to run all the way round without stopping, the furthest I'd ever run, and I did an average of 11:46 min/miles which considering I had to try and overtake loads of people in the huge crush at the beginning and feeling ill, I was really pleased! I can definitely improve on that time easily when I'm feeling 100%.

I'm now a graduate, woohoo! If I can do it, so can you!

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

4 Replies

oldest โ€ข newest
  • Congratulations! :-) Where did you do Race for Life?

I did Bedford and although I had a lot of fun, I was a bit dissapointed that I didn't realise there'll be so many bottlenecks where you are forced to walk when you're with the joggers! Next year I am starting with the runners! :-)

You are brilliant for sticking it out with the difficulties you had. :-)

• Very well done!

• Fantastic! Well done you x

• I did it in Cheltenham. Next year I'm starting with the runners too!

You may also like...