Who'd a thought W5R3 in the bag

Ha Ha! And furthermore Ho Ho! I am using an app which lets you play your own music but interrupts to tell you the next step. When I looked at it this morning it said "Run for two miles or twenty minutes" So being a bloke (us blokes like numbers) I dug out the abacus and worked out that 2 miles is 3.22k and to run this in twenty would mean a running speed of 9.7k. Problem is my best running speed on the treadmill has been 9k. Quite wisely I thought I wouldn't be able to run twenty at a faster speed so I thought, let's just get to twenty and then if it goes well another 90 seconds at 9k will get me there. So I had two plans, could I do twenty and could I do two miles. I hope you are still reading, if not please wake up, because the news is I flipping well only manged both!!! Wow! What's more is I did the extra 90 secs distance in 70 by sprinting the last bit at 10k. I feel totally transformed. Two days off now and bring on week six Tuesday morning.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Congratulations twice it seems! I bet you're feeling on top of the world. Isn't it a fantastic achievement? Enjoy your well-earned rest and roll on week 6 for both of us.

You may also like...