Couch to 5K

Whoop whoop W5 R3 not enough room here for all my whoops!!

I did it, I did it - I ran for 20 minutes! How is this possible?! I cant believe I did it, but to be honest there was no way I was going to let it beat me today. I woke up so early (I think I was a bit nervous about it) and set off and on the way all I could say to myself was, I'm so going to do this, oh god its such a long way, i am so going to do this! And I did it, like a little snail mind. I gave myself a little clap after 15 minutes and 18 minutes and at the end there was just enough energy left for a little jump and a whoop and then I got a bit teary but good teary! And thats that. Just had to share because I could not have got as far as this without all you lovely people and your support, and of course a big hug for Laura! x

19 Replies
oldestnewest

:-) :-) Well done!! That is super! I think we are all capable of so much if we give ourselves a chance.

Congratulations, it is a big one. :-)

Thanks Elizadolots, I am still smiling!

Congratulations, that's fantastic! Before you start it seems really daunting (I did it last week), so it is really an achievement. Enjoy the feeling for a while ... then roll on Week 6!

I know, I never beleived it but 25 minutes next week doesnt seem too bad now! Did I just say that!!

well done, i'm just back from wk6 r3 the 25 minutes and it doesn't seem such a jump, got through it relatively stress free, fingers crossed this continues

I know I dont even feel concerned about 25 mins. Ooh thats a kiss of death eh!

Well done!

Thanks so much!

Well done, its a great feeling to get hat run done.

I know I think its the run of dread, but I actually kind of enjoyed it!

I still tear up every time I think about completing that 20 minutes...such a feeling of elation and accomplishment!

Good going Barney...you are well on your way now!

Keep up the good work...!

Thanks Grammadog, we are all doing so well and the support on here is just fab!

whoooooppppppp! well done you :) I love reading everyone's w5r3 blog as it's such a monumental milestone. bet you are smiling for the next few days :) :)

I know what you mean, its the big one that everyone seems to dread! And yep still grinning!!

Yay, well done...clapping is a good strategy! 8-)

Well done! Thank goodness someone else is teary - I was almost sobbling after my 8 minute run. I should take a box of hankies with me for the 20 minutes!!

Oh bless, its such an amazing thing to acheive, I just feel so proud of us all!

Aww well done!! You are a champion and you have done the hardest part - you have proven to yourself that you can do it and do more than you thought. Good luck with week 6 :)

Thanks so much -gale force winds and sideways rain have scuppered my plans this morning though!

You may also like...