W5 R3 - My Nemesis

Those gremlins started early today. I seriously felt very apprehensive on my 5 minute warm up walk. I was in a right pickle!

I listened to Laura telling me on the warm up that I could do this physically but this would probably test my will and mind.

I remembered all these wise words you have all given me this week and then it was time to start.....

The first 5 minutes were good - I felt a sense of freedom from not being aware of time. Usually I would be waiting for Laura to tell me to stop but I knew that wouldn't happen for a while so I suspended time and it felt good.

I ran tall and enjoyed the view

It got harder but once I got to 10 mins (shout out from Laura) I told myself that there was no way I was going to stop even if it killed me πŸ˜€

At two minutes to go I was running up a steep hill but after 18 minutes running continuously and only 2 minutes to go, you can't stop can you?

And so, all you lovely people, I defeated my nemesis today and I ran for 20 whole minutes without stopping and I feel flipping amazing.

This was a big test for me mentally but I feel I have become a believer!! A believer that I can do this and I will - I am so chuffed :-)

You don't know how many of you were running with me today - your words and your own posts and experiences and your words of encouragement - thanks x

As the kids say I'm a bit emosh πŸ˜‚

44 Replies

oldest β€’ newest
  • Fantastic - well done, kate :) It's amazing how far a healthy dose of stubbornness can take you ;)

• Determination, Rainbow, not stubbornness :-)

• Haha! Love that. I'm not sure what it's called but at one point my husband tells me he looked back at me and I was shouting to myself :-) Whatever it was ..........it got me through :-)

• Well done I knew you would able to do it you just had to believe in yourself just relax and you will be fine good luck with your next run

• Thanks

• Amazing!!! It's such a big one but you did it!!! You should feel very proud of yourself. There's no stopping you now! :)

• Woo Hoo!!! Well done - got to face my gremlins tonight (they may have defeated me last night, but not tonight!) W5, R3 here I come...

• Thanks Polly - you can do this - I'm right behind you all the way :-) Like everything in life the anticipation was worse than the actual !!

• Just got back from my run - what a buzz completing it was - so happy, smiling like an absolute loon πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜„πŸ˜†πŸ˜€

• Oh you star...I've been thinking about you since last night :-) Well bloomin' done πŸ‘πŸƒWhat a great feeling for you - so chuffed πŸ˜€

• Go you... right there with you :)

• Way to go Kate, a grand job you did there πŸ’« You're a believer, we are believers. The plan works - hurrah for you πŸ’

• It sure does - thanks for the flowers :-)

• Brilliant. Enjoy the feel good factor πŸ˜€

• I sure will :-) and thanks

• HUGE 'Hurrah' for you! :)

• Cheers John - I'm just enjoying the moment - which seems to be going on all day!

• For the rest of your LIFE you can look back on this day and smile :) so happy for you :)

• Thanks :-) As it's Friday and after such a great day I think a small glass of something is in order ;-)

• Oh yes! :)

• πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

• I thank you!! :-)

• Ooh emosh is totally understandable. That is one humungous giant you have just defeated. And with a flourish - uphill at the end! Amazing :)

• Thanks McFitty -it was a great moment - so bloomin' addictive this running thingy - want more but sense tells me to rest :-)

• Superb! Very well done...you did it...:)

When we do all that we are capable of.. we truly amaze ourselves :)

Onward... and....errr, as you proved so brilliantly..upward!!!!

• Thanks so much :-) Soon this stupid grin will fade - haha probably on W6 R1;-) can't believe I am on W6 - so great

• You keep that smile.. we all need to see smiles, you deserve it! :)

• Well done indeed.

• Well done! So happy for you :D

• Thank you :-)

• Really happy for you Kate , Well done to you , that's a massive milestone in the programme and you nailed it !

Onwards, always ! :-) xxx

• Thanks so much :-)

• Kate, you are officially an addict now! Very well done, you!

• Thank you and thanks for the encouragement along the way :-) 4 weeks to go and so excited :-)

• You are going to fly through the rest of the programme with your fighting instinct!

• I hope so ... I want this πŸŽ“ πŸ…haha xx

• And you will have it!

• Well, that's the big one out of the way. You can confidently start looking at sites for new clothing, shoes, gadgets.... Apologies I've just been reading a post by OldPossum and got carried away.

Well done.

• I've been really good holding out on that but you have given me the go ahead to go shopping :-) I'll tell hubby to blame you!

• Yeah you tell him.... Just don't tell him where I live.

• haha!!!

• Ended like Rocky running up those steps. Well done.

• Think I shall have "eye of the tiger"then on my playlist after I graduate - thanks :-)

You may also like...