10K run for Macmillan, done!

I haven't blogged anything for a while, I kind of lost track of the podcasts in week 9 (so close to the end) and started doing my own thing, but without C25k to get me to that stage I never would have had a chance.

Now thanks to this amazing podcast I've managed to run 10k in 76 minutes and raised a fair amount of money for a wonderful charity.

People keep asking me if I'll keep running now I've achieved my goal, I just look at them incredulously... of course I'm going to keep running, I've got to do it in less than an hour next year :).

Anybody out there who's struggling, just keep at it, I went through the colds, shin splnts, dodgy knees, and I made it, so can you,

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Very, very well done Alberto, of course you are going to keep running; look where you have got to!! Next year you'll beat the hour for sure. :)

CaroleC

• You've done so well with your 10k: what an amzing achievement!

• Well done, a great achievement :) I think once the new podcasts are out I might aim for 10k (as a proper goal)!

• Fantastic and raising money for a good cause

• Well done

• Very well done...I can only dream of doing 10k. :)

• Good man; well done.

• The most i'd done before was 6k, but I found that if you get the right pace you can go a lot further than you thought (and with the right incentives). The people cheering you on definitely helps too :).

You may also like...