Week 8 run 1

Well folks, this is run 1 of week 8, now today this was a challenge.

I wanted to give up after 5 mins today, I just found it hard to stay motivated but because I am so bloody minded I continued gruelling minute after minute.

All the time my brain and body were telling me to quit and go home. I stayed the course and completed 5k in 28 mins again, I think this is a comfortable time for me at the moment. Perhaps in a few weeks I may try to increase my pace and complete 5k in less than 28 mins but for now Ian happy with that pace and time.

My next big hurdle once I graduate after week 9 is to increase my distance from 5k to 10k. I know this will be a challenge, but I look forward to the day when I can tell everyone that I've reached that goal.

I wish everyone success in reaching their goals and hope to hear from anyone who has reached their goals.

Skip

Featured Content

Join the NHS Couch to 5K community

Couch to 5K has been designed to get you off the couch and running 5km in just 9 weeks

Start today!

Featured by HealthUnlocked

1 Reply

oldestnewest
  • Wowee!! I finished the programme yesterday :) but your times are amazing! I managed 5k in 44 mins :o - my goal was to finish wk9 and I did! Then I plodded on to 5k - so that was another goal! You will be supersonic by the time you finish C25K! Brilliant effort by you and such motivation. :)

You may also like...