Broke my couch to 5k virginity

Today was the first step in my 9 week couch to 5k challenge. I did SO much research all last week that I couldn't wait to get my new shoes on and go running. I made sure I was fully hydrated up to two hours before hand and ate a healthy energising snack.

Safe to say, I am not an exercise fan at all (I die after walking up a hill), but I actually did it! It must have been the first time since I was a kid that I could run for 20 mins straight, and I'm in my twenties, I know, ridiculously unfit. I am so proud of myself, it felt good for me, a great introduction to running. Bit of calf pain right now, but I understand it will be like this for a while.

I am actually looking forward to workout 2!

8 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done :) and welcome!

• Thank you, thank you!!

• Well done and good luck with the programme, I hope you enjoy it as much as I have and I'm addicted so be warned!!

• Sounds like a great start, Well done !

• Well done! Im only one run ahead of you so we can support one another!

• Cool, the more the merrier! I think i'll need some serious motivation over the next couple of weeks.

• Thanks all for your support!

• Well done keep it going - i'm only in week two but think i'm feeling great !- no muscle pain now and looking forward to tomorrows run

You may also like...