Graduate run, race for life 5k - I only blooming did it!

Today was my graduation run and also the day I RAN 5K for race for life which was why I started running in the first place. I managed to run all the way and did it in 40 mins. I am so happy!

It was a great morning and really emotional at the start when we were waiting to start. They asked for one minutes silence to remember why we were doing it and I thought of my dad who died from pancreatic cancer 18 months ago and did shed a tear, but then it was on with the race!

Thanks to everyone on here that are always ready with words of encouragement. 9 weeks ago I could hardly run for 1 minute but today I ran for 40! :)

22 Replies

oldestnewest
  • Well done thats brilliant.

• fab, well done :)

• Well done on your first race :)

• That is so fantastic! To be able to graduate and do your Race for Life for your dad at the same time is really special. I bet you are delighted! :-)

• Well done! That's fantastic!

• Congratulations!!!

• My run is 2 weeks today, thanks for the inspiration

• Fantastic news, well done. First of many?

• Thats fantastic, well done you, your dad would be so proud of you.

• well done- you must feel really proud!

• Bless, well done you!

• Well done - and 40 mins is not in the least bit shabby!!! You are allowed an emotional tear or seven :-)

• Excellent well done! :)

• congratulations. I do my race for life in a months time

• That so well done, what an amazing end to C25K.... and start to your next phase!

• HURRAH! Well done :) You must feel amazing, I know I did. What's next?! ;)

• Your Dad would have been proud, well done to you for graduating in such a brilliant way.

• three cheers for you, you must feel on top of the world and really proud of yourself.

• Yay! Well done!! You must still be buzzing :D

• Well done, your dad would have been proud I'm sure!

• Thanks so much for the messages of congratulations. I am sill so happy 2 days later. I raised £470 for Cancer Research as well as proving that I can run. People I know keep asking if it's a marathon next but no way could I do that. I am looking forward to running next with my own music and think I will try and improve my speed before attempting to run further.

I never knew running could make you feel so good! :)

• Ooh I now have a graduate badge as well :)

You may also like...